The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

how can i tell if my timing is off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sephroth57

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2002
Barnegat, New_Jersey
my car is just slow feeling, ive posted about this before and people have thrown every idea they can think of i checked it all nothing helps. the only thing left i can think of is my timing, i read somoene elses post with similar problems and it turned out his timing was retarded 4 degrees. could this possibly be my problem? i have a logger, would there be a way to figure this out through my logger or would i have to physicly check somehow, and how would i go about doing that?

ignition timing or cam/crank timing? both can and will affect driveablilty/performance. You can chack ignition timing on your logger, engine timing youll need a timing light and youll need a manual to know what correct timing is. Have you done anything to change engine timing or do you think it jumped a tooth?
Andrew

You could just turn the crank and see where your cam marks are. That would give you a rough estimate whether or not your timing is off, but to be precise, you would have to actually look at the crank gear and cam gears to read it correctly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back