The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Help with suspension choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boost Demon

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 2, 2006
Tampa, Florida
Sorry I'm a newbie and can't post this in the appropriate forum, so moderators feel free to post this in the suspension forum if necessary:coy: .

Both setups are about the same $ amount, but one is new and the other is used with 1-2k of mileage on the setup. Here are the choices:

(New)Tokico advanced handling kit includes (4) Tokico (5-way adjustable) Illumina shocks and (4) springs (unsure of the spring rate) drops the car 1.5" all around.

or

(Used) (4) Koni yellow adjustables with (4) Skunk 2 coilover adjustable springs (unsure of the spring rate) allows for adjustable ride height.

I'm leaning toward the Koni setup, but I'm thinking that a new setup may be more practical, let me know what you think. I have a feeling that the coilover setup may be to harsh, but not sure if the well ballanced Koni would negate that at all or not, TIA :thumb: .

TOKIC isnt really good for a 2G, search and you will find out. The KONI is asume, my buddy has them on his 02 Transam and it was night and day difference on the car and it rides nice!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back