The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Help with '95 GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cleatus

10+ Year Contributor
May 1, 2010
visalia, California
I'm glad to see a fresno area sub forum here...this is new since I've been here last. Anyway(i'll try to keep this short) I acquired a 95 GST in a non running condition(due to turbo system being removed.) I know next to nothing about turbos but have a basic understanding on how a turbo and all it's associated components work. The turbo that was in the car took a shit and a new one was bought(TD05H) but never installed. I tried to match it up to the header on the car but the bolt holes did not line up. I tried to bolt it to the OEM header and got the same results so I'm thinking it's a flange issue but I don't how to tell if it's T3flange etc. The header has a mount for an external wastegate but the hole has been welded shut. The internal wastegate hole on the new turbo was also plugged but i was able to take out what ever it was that was plugging the hole. The car came with a butt load of extra parts like a maf sensor bypass, ARP head bolts, titanium vave springs etc...

Here is what i do know about the car. When it was running it was the fastest eclipse in the Hanford/lemoore area. It has a fairly new engine installed from road race engineering(ODO shows less than 90K miles and not sure if it's a 6 or 7 bolt). the entire turbo system was removed, radiator and all hoses removed, starter as well. There is some melted wire insulation on some of the electrical wires which tell me there was some serious heat issues...

What i don't know about the car...I don't know the health of the motor( due to the tell tell signs of heat issues. Not sure if the timing is off because the cam belts are loose. There may be more I don't knw about until the car is actally started. The main concern I have is the motor but I need to get everything else for it first... I have a new radiator but no fan shroud to attach the fans to...

Here are some pics to show some of the stuff installed on the car and what si missing... I 've never owned one of these cars so I have no idea if something is missing or out of place...

I'm in Visalia and my days off are tues-thurs. if you want to come by and see it...I'm not sure if it's worth getting running or just selling it and be done with it.

Thanks in advance

Eclipse pictures by Siberiananook - Photobucket
turbo pictures by Siberiananook - Photobucket

They also make an adapter from stock to t3 if that's your case. Pm me if you need one I have a few extra laying around. From the looks of it you have a 10cm turbine housing and the wastgate is blocked that way for a reason. Also it looks like your mani on car is t3 as well not sure why it wouldn't fit. Some better pics of turbo and mani would help.

yeah I don't know what flange the turbo or the manifold is.. I will take some better pics and post up on my next day off.

that looks like a total rebuild to me, if I had to guess thats a 6bolt but thats just from looking at the dipstick..

if you choose to part it out, I'll pick up a few parts from ya

yeah I was told the motor was rebuilt by RRE down south...why it was rebuilt is still unknown...If i do decide to sell I won't part it out... I'll sell it as is so I don't have parts laying around....and I'm too lazy to part it out and put stuff up on ebay....

wow.... dude this car was sooo not meant for you to buy. Im sorry but if you dont know whats what under the hood and are not a do it yourself person.... you need to sell this thing and get you a running one. cause this is gona cost you lots of money to fix in parts, and labor in shops is not cheap.

and dont get mad for saying this, Im just trying to be honest. If you paid more than $1,000 for this project, then you over paid dearly.

you just bought yourself a money pit, and a long time of bus passes if you dont already have a main ride.

however if you decide you dont want to get rid of it, then i suggest going back to stock as much as you can THEN build your way back up. buy yourself a stock turbo and manifold from dsmgraveyard or mitsubishi graveyard. that should save you lots of money and get you on the road quicker.

that looks like a total rebuild to me, if I had to guess thats a 6bolt but thats just from looking at the dipstick..

if you choose to part it out, I'll pick up a few parts from ya

I'll second that, ill buy a majority of your part's if you part out

Going to resurrect an old thread..... Looking to either sell this car or have someone help me get this thing up and running. Yes I can work on motors but being new to the turbo motors I will need some assistance on identifying what I need parts wise and a place to get it tuned... Don't have the time to part this out and I definitely don't want the un wanted parts laying around taking up space...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back