The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

help!! where can i get a jdm cylinder head?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

everhart1121

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 14, 2009
inwood, West_Virginia
ok i just spent the last hour searching Google for a jdm cylinder head and can't seem to find one :banghead: ..... does anyone know of a good site that sells them for a good price???? also will a jdm cylinder head work on a us 4g63 1g with out changing anything else???? :pray:

ok i just spent the last hour searching Google for a jdm cylinder head and can't seem to find one :banghead: ..... does anyone know of a good site that sells them for a good price???? also will a jdm cylinder head work on a us 4g63 1g with out changing anything else???? :pray:

This is not a Honda site:ohdamn: dont waste your time looking overseas you have all the parts you need right here.

Just search in the classifields, ebay, dsm graveyard for a used or new 1G head. There all the same.

A jdm would be off an evo 1-3 that I know, and they used a different size port.

There is no JDM with these cars. Any DSM you find overseas is an import. All DSMs were built in Normal, IL. The only difference between the two motors are just different sized injectors, the Evo had 16g instead of 14b turbo, intake manifold was different as there was the "cyclone" manifold. Not worth the hassle of getting it getting it setup properly on our DSMs as it was ran off of the "JDM" ECU.

All 1g heads are the same with ports and same goes with the 2g. The cams may vary but it's not enough to try to find them. Just look on the classifieds or a junk yard for a good 1g head.

the jdm heads have larger ports and stuff

Read about the DSM before you start throwing false information around based on other vehicles. But welcome to the site though. There is a plethora of information that you will find disturbing like how these cars can go faster than a Honduh by throwing home made parts on that were purchached at Home Depot.

This is not a Honda site:ohdamn: dont waste your time looking overseas you have all the parts you need right here.

Just search in the classifields, ebay, dsm graveyard for a used or new 1G head. There all the same.

A jdm would be off an evo 1-3 that I know, and they used a different size port.

i have been told by alot of people that the jdm heads are a much better head cause of the port size and stuff and was told that no changes would have to be made to make it work direct bolt and yes this isn't a honda site but the ### spec motor and parts are much better then the parts made for the us motors!! the us 4g63 stock is 195 hp not sure of the torque but the Mitsubishi 4G63T Engine JDM
Displacement (cc):
2L
Horse Power:
210 HP
Torque (ft/lbs@rpm):
214 @ 3,000 rpm

see why i am wanting a jdm head? :aha:

There is no JDM with these cars. Any DSM you find overseas is an import. All DSMs were built in Normal, IL. The only difference between the two motors are just different sized injectors, the Evo had 16g instead of 14b turbo, intake manifold was different as there was the "cyclone" manifold. Not worth the hassle of getting it getting it setup properly on our DSMs as it was ran off of the "JDM" ECU.

All 1g heads are the same with ports and same goes with the 2g. The cams may vary but it's not enough to try to find them. Just look on the classifieds or a junk yard for a good 1g head.

Read about the DSM before you start throwing false information around based on other vehicles. But welcome to the site though. There is a plethora of information that you will find disturbing like how these cars can go faster than a Honduh by throwing home made parts on that were purchached at Home Depot.

so the jdm head would or would not work on a 1g 4g63 w/o any changes?? wouldnt the larger ports be better??? can i get some others input on this??

The difference in HP rating are simply due to the bigger injectors and more aggressive ECU maps that *some* JDM cars got. The head port sizes are the same as the USDM.
If you really want a JDM head, buy a GVR-4 motor. All GVR-4's were assembled in Japan. But, they are IDENTICAL to the DSM heads, except for the red valve cover. In fact, I'm pretty sure all the DSM motors were probably built in Japan and shipped to Normal, IL for installation in the cars.
Contrary to what the OP said, I actually like the Cyclone intake manifold that came on the JDM GVR-4 motors, and it can be made to work quite easily with a chip or DSMLink. It wouldn't be my choice for a 1/4 mile car, but it makes daily driving more fun. :)

i have been told by alot of people that the jdm heads are a much better head cause of the port size and stuff and was told that no changes would have to be made to make it work direct bolt and yes this isn't a honda site but the ### spec motor and parts are much better then the parts made for the us motors!! the us 4g63 stock is 195 hp not sure of the torque but the Mitsubishi 4G63T Engine JDM
Displacement (cc):
2L
Horse Power:
210 HP
Torque (ft/lbs@rpm):
214 @ 3,000 rpm

so the jdm head would or would not work on a 1g 4g63 w/o any changes?? wouldnt the larger ports be better??? can i get some others input on this??

The heads are the same :banghead:. The overseas community got the 16g (bigger than the 14b), larger injectors and SLIGHTLY larger cams. All of which you can buy better of. Of course it's going to have more power over all with those compared to what we got. The 2g stock HP is 210.

Displacement (cc):
2L
Horse Power:
210 HP
Torque (ft/lbs@rpm):
214 @ 3,000 rpm

If you think your going to gain 15hp and so on with the head your headed in the wrong direction. The bigger numbers are more than likely from the 16g and bigger injectors. Yes, bigger ports help assuming you are utilizing these with a same sized and smooth flowing intake manifold and exhaust manifold.

So, there are way better investments then a "jdm" cylinder head at your stage. Assuming your profile is accurate.

Last edited:
My question is what year 4g63 motors are those relating to? Cause if you look up the numbers, they look awefuly familiar. Like the output of the 1g motor and the output of the 2g motor. Same motor. Slightly different details throughout.

I've got a question for you. You realize modifications do not 'ADD' Horsepower, right? IE swapping parts for bigger/better doesn't add anything.

When you do modifications, you are allowing the engine to work more efficiently. Which results in less losses through drag, temp changes, and friction. Everything works with everything else. You could buy a boost controller and pump the boost up to 16 lbs and have great power. But when you do the extra work for fuel and hard piping, you get more out of it.

Admittedly, there are components that make DSMs run more efficiently, but they don't ADD horses.

((Sorry, this is beginning to be a pet peeve of mine. You don't ADD power. It's more akin to freeing up trapped power))

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back