The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Help to Identify Clutch Discs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboATM

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Jacksonville, North_Carolina
Hey guys...im a little puzzled right now. I dont really know my share of what disc are what, and even though i have 5 or 6 laying around LOL.

This is the disc that was pulled from my 2g, Ill assume its OEM, I was told the clutch was still factory when I picked up the car.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

What disc are these? Of these 3 disc, one was pulled from a car that had an ACT 2600, one i bought on ebay stating to be an ACT street disc, and im not sure where the other came from, id guess from a box of junk i bought. For 2 of them being ACT, i never paid any attention until i looked up a street disc this morning and realized all the pictures had 4 springs, yellow in color-none of mine do.

Disc 1-

between this disc and Disc 2, one was bought stating "act" and the other pulled from an ACT clutch/flywheel setup.

Disc 2-appears to be the same as disc 1, only this one has markings the other doesnt.

Disc 3-not sure where i picked this up...

Then while i was cleaning my 2 pressure plates up, both which I assumed were ACT 2600s, i realized one has the normal markings, and the other does not. (forgive my camera, it started being weird...LOL)

ACT with its normal markings...

"ACT" with no markings-aside from inside the fingers of the clutch-which match the other ACT with markings.

...sorry if i killed it with a million pictures, but I just want to make sure what i have, is what i believe it to be...before i sell/use anything that it really isnt!

i know commenting on your own thread when nobody else has is looked down on, but really? Not one person has any input? Did i post this in the right section?

They are all oem style replacements. It's almost impossible to tell what brand they are though without a part number or identification stamp.

Right-on.

Fiber discs are fiber discs for the most part. You can use an OEM clutch disc with an ACT pressure plate and flywheel and it will work just fine.

What we're shooting for here is that the discs are in fine, usable condition if you're planning to resell them. Bring them over sometime and we'll clean them up and take some measurements, comparing them to some new discs I have at the shop.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back