The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

GST Exhaust and GS Exhaust - 2G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amskater

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 4, 2007
LA, California
is there a difference between the 2g GST Exhaust and the 2g GS Exhaust? If so what is difference?

are the mufflers the same? the reason I am asking is im going to need a new muffler soon and some people have told me to just get a GST exhaust put on my GS instead of after market muffler. Would the GST Exhaust add more performance and a deeper sounding exhaust?

would I need the stock GST catback exhaust to use the GST Muffler?

does anyone know if the 96 GSs are 2 inch piping or 2 1/4th piping?

All 2gnt's are 2 1/4. I have never worked on one that wasn't.

is the cat back exhaust the same on the gst and gs on the 2gs?

Yes. I think the only difference is a resonator or something but that doesn't matter.

would adding the GST Resonator make much of a difference?

anyone know where I can find 2g OEM GST Muffler?

Classifieds.

I tried to post an ad in the want ads but it wouldnt let me

It's because you're still a newbie.

Do you know how many post I need to make so im no longer a newbie

[Please read the rules you promised us you did when you joined this site.]

Like has been mentioned, I would think the GST would having slightly larger pipe diameter from stock but they both do take the same route. As for the muffler internals being different, have you looked at yours internally? The stock GST is a single in to dual out. The muffler itself is straight through (perferated core, like most aftermarket mufflers), & each passage in the muffler looks to be about 1.5-2" in diameter, from my memory.

it will be deeper and may give you a better performance gain. Stock GST exhaust is 2 1/4 inch and stock GS is 2 inch. So the 1/4 inch may add a little difference but not much.

Muffler is a direct swap. My stock 2gnt exhaust was 2 1/4 inch, not 2 inch.

All 2gnt's are 2 1/4. I have never worked on one that wasn't.

Yes. I think the only difference is a resonator or something but that doesn't matter.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back