The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Got Engine Codes Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nek

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
So lets see what I got. BTW I have no cat, rear 02 is out.

p0141 : H02s12 heater condition (Heated oxygen sensor -Bank1 sensor 2)

p0136 : h02s12 circuit condition (heated oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 2)

p0170: Fuel trim Bank one

p0100 : MAP / BARO or MAF / Vaf sensor condition

p0110 : IAI (Intake air temp) Circuit

So I got my engine codes pulled today because my car is running with TERRIBLE gas mileage. From the codes, it pretty easy to see why. Everything has to do with either air monitoring or a/f ratio's. Its pretty obvious that Im running crazy rich.
Before I got the codes pulled, I placed my blame on my front 02 sensor, I thought it was going to be defective causing my a/f to run crazy rich. But the codes arnt calling front 02 am I correct? They are saying rear 02 but rear 02 isnt supposed to have an effect on a/f in our cars...?
And the intake issue I dont even know how to handle...
I ordered a new front sensor today online but Im starting to think that was the wrong choice.

Let me get some opinions on the matter and correct me if Im wrong.
Just so everyone knows I got a really good deal on oxygensensors4less.com (its sparkplugs.com 2nd site that only sells 02 sensors so you get faster shipping for less)

Dont know why it says gvr-4 i guess i messed up the title. this is my 2g talon.

So lets see what I got. BTW I have no cat, rear 02 is out.

p0141 : H02s12 heater condition (Heated oxygen sensor -Bank1 sensor 2)

p0136 : h02s12 circuit condition (heated oxygen sensor bank 1 sensor 2)

p0170: Fuel trim Bank one

p0100 : MAP / BARO or MAF / Vaf sensor condition

p0110 : IAI (Intake air temp) Circuit

So I got my engine codes pulled today because my car is running with TERRIBLE gas mileage. From the codes, it pretty easy to see why. Everything has to do with either air monitoring or a/f ratio's. Its pretty obvious that Im running crazy rich.
Before I got the codes pulled, I placed my blame on my front 02 sensor, I thought it was going to be defective causing my a/f to run crazy rich. But the codes arnt calling front 02 am I correct? They are saying rear 02 but rear 02 isnt supposed to have an effect on a/f in our cars...?
And the intake issue I dont even know how to handle...
I ordered a new front sensor today online but Im starting to think that was the wrong choice.

Let me get some opinions on the matter and correct me if Im wrong.
Just so everyone knows I got a really good deal on oxygensensors4less.com (its sparkplugs.com 2nd site that only sells 02 sensors so you get faster shipping for less)

Dont know why it says gvr-4 i guess i messed up the title. this is my 2g talon.

the first two codes are because you do not have a rear o2 and yes you are correct the rear o2 is only there to monitor cat function and throw a check engine light that's it.

also if your front o2 sensor is still operating "ok" by view of the ecu it doesn't mean it isn't on its way out. they tend to slowly degrade in performance until it hits the ecu's limit and it throws a check engine light but this can take alot sometimes and your o2 may be semi-bad.

Your biggest issue and source of your problem is the last two codes. They are most likely caused by the same problem. The iat is located inside of the maf so i would pretty much assume that the maf or associated wiring is causing your problem

the 3rd code about fuel trims is most likely caused by you maf issue causing your car to run like garbage and the ecu using the fuel trims to compensate.

Thanks Chris,
The reinsurance helps a lot. As I said, I have a new front 02 on the way so that should help a little if the current 02 is on its way out as you said. I havent done to much research on the maf however so I dont know much about it. I do know the maft isnt totally shot because I have accidentally ran my car w/o it plugged in and I couldnt accelerate past 30. Any ideas on how to find the exact problem?
Insight is more then welcome.

Anytime it's what we are here for..
I would pull the maf out and make sure there is no debris in there and then after that i would check the wiring/connector

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back