The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Good shop to get work done in NJ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Consider this, if you do the work yourself, you can take the car a whole lot further than if you PAID someone to work on your car.

yea i guess your right, but im not lucky enough to have a garage or anything like that, i live on a crowded street, im lucky enough just to find parking spot nevertheless have a spot to perform work, nor do i have the room to store special tools, like a cherry picker, etc. I figure if i pay someone it'd be less headaches, worries, and i know it'd be done right the first time, and wont have to worry storing items, or when doing work on the street having some young kid go 90 down the block and possibly hitting me when im not paying attention.

yea i guess your right, but im not lucky enough to have a garage or anything like that, i live on a crowded street, im lucky enough just to find parking spot nevertheless have a spot to perform work, nor do i have the room to store special tools, like a cherry picker, etc. I figure if i pay someone it'd be less headaches, worries, and i know it'd be done right the first time, and wont have to worry storing items, or when doing work on the street having some young kid go 90 down the block and possibly hitting me when im not paying attention.

why not do what you can first. most bolt ons you can do anywhere. i did most of my work either on a dirt/grass spot or over in my old base housing parking lot. do what you can do first and then anything you can't do in your parking spot send it in to save you some extra money. remember, just because you pay someone doesn't mean it's gonna be done right, but dogbox racing in howell, nj is pretty good with pricing and work. it's the only shop i can vouch for because I do most of the work myself. I brought my car to them to get my tranny rebuilt, 4 spider diff, custom short shifter, and a few other tranny stuff that I can't do. Those guys are awesome and great with pricing.

4000 will get you pretty far if you do the work yourself. If you use that for parts and labor it will be way less.

If you need a shop though places like Dogbox are good people.

Dog Box all the way. They are really nice people down in Howell. I brought my car there & they did a good job. ;)

I also recommend DogBox. I had em put in my 16G last year. Real cool guys, last time I had work done there they had a real nice EVO in there so I shot the breeze with one of the guys about it and other cars. Real cool guys.

I don't recommend turbotrix. They charge a lot and are not very friendly.

I don't recommend Broadway Performance in Passaic, NJ... a lot of lies and a lot of money among a lot of other problems...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back