The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

going to the strip my very first time

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95weclipse

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 26, 2009
LaSalle, Illinois
Well as the title says I am going to the drag strip for my first time with my gsx, I have been to the strip with my dad and what not but Ive never been on the track my self, lets go over my car first, its a 97 gsx auto, 180k, ecm link v3 lite, auto meter ultra lite pro comp boost gauge, aem uego wide band, stock down pipe cheap flow through cat, cheap ebay muffler, 14b rebuilt, stock bov, stock injectors, has a/c, emissions, power steering, stock suspension, enkei 18s 6 spoke, on falken ziex ze512 225 40zr18s, I dont have it tuned yet but thats why I am going to the Test and Tune on the 28th at my local track, but other than my tuning, I am looking for advice on I guess you would call it drag strip protocol like when I get there I guess, do I go to the pits and just tell them I am here to test and tune? I am looking for some help LOL after I get in do I wait for my name or number to be called? do I just get in line? whats the "tech" process yadayada.

Well at the track i go to when you pull in the gates there is a booth that you pay and get a slip. Then proceed to the drivers office and get a number and a window sticker. Normall you would then proceed to the staging lanes and a track official will guide you to the proper stage lane. Then you just wait in line. They also carry window chalk to write your number on your windshield and drivers side rear window. Then you drive up to the tree and stage. Just be sure not to stage on your rear tires that can be a embarrassing night and it happens all the time when i go to test and tune night at the local track. If you chose you should also powerbrake your car to build boost since you have an auto car and leave on the last yellow at the very tenth of a second before it turns green.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back