The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ghey Horn

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BergayaJS

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 30, 2004
Wichita, Kansas
Hey guys, just wondering where's the stock horn located. I've tried to find it for like sooo long till my neighbors started coming after me. Now I'm too scared to even try that thing again cause my car is parked outside, and you know what might happen. So any ideas? Thanks.

Bottom corner of the radiator behind the bumper. Mine only had one when I looked but I added another. The one was located on the driver's side.

Turbos only have one. You probably won't be able to hear it by listening for it. It's about ½ as loud as the alarm horn (and why they didn't use it or another one of them for the car, I have no idea). Just get a set off anything at the junkyard, or hook up some Harbor Freight air horns.

azkikr10 said:
my 90 tsi came with 2. but 90 was always the bastard year.

My 90 now has "2" different tone horns off a Lexus LS400!!!! They are freakin loud!! I want to upgrade to the 4 tone Cadillac horn in the future, if i can find the space for them... LOL. :sneaky:

So just to clarify... in my 95 GSX there's only one horn which is located at the bottom corner of the radiator behind the bumper of the driver's side? Thanks people..

Defiant, or anyone, do you have a picture of the connector of the horn closer up?

Nevermind, I had purchased one with the same end as the OEM horn but the plug clip was too short so I bought another universal one and just re-wired it, it sounds funny compared to stock but way louder.

BergayaJS said:
So just to clarify... in my 95 GSX there's only one horn which is located at the bottom corner of the radiator behind the bumper of the driver's side? Thanks people..

Same as my 95 GST.

have you guys noticed that most turbo DSM's (mostly the 2g GSX) have a really weird sounding horn? mine is kind of like a "nehhh..." how can we fix that?

not jacking the thread..but has anyone or is anyones horn completely screwed meaning it does work, however when u press the steering wheel to make the horn trigger, you need to move your hands all around to get it to work and it barely ever stays on without you having to keep moving your hands>?

Defiant said:
I've considered running the horn wire to the alarm horn. It must be five times as loud.

I've done that on another car and the extra power demanded by the factory horn eventually burned out the car alarm's sound output module. I would do it only through a relay-- I would use the car alarm sound output wire to just activate the relay.

I don't know if it would affect other car alarms, but it's something to consider. It was a high-end aftermarket alarm, by the way.

Need to do something about my horn too. It doesn't work at all!

aovsi, your car is SWEET! :thumb:

crxp-o-s4now said:
not jacking the thread..but has anyone or is anyones horn completely screwed meaning it does work, however when u press the steering wheel to make the horn trigger, you need to move your hands all around to get it to work and it barely ever stays on without you having to keep moving your hands>?
Take the wheel apart and clean the contact area with an eraser or very fine sandpaper.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back