The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

FWD lsd Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bizzydsm

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 27, 2003
Mountain Home, IdahoUS
ok this is a question for all the lsd owners... I am seriously spinnin like a mo fo....... its all good on the street... but I am worried about the track!!! I dont want to break my center diff. is Quaffe lsd worth the money! the price is pretty steep... how much more traction should I expext out of it!!!
Thanks
_Ryan:talon:

Originally posted by bizzydsm
ok this is a question for all the lsd owners... I am seriously spinnin like a mo fo....... its all good on the street... but I am worried about the track!!! I dont want to break my center diff. is Quaffe lsd worth the money! the price is pretty steep... how much more traction should I expext out of it!!!
Thanks

I've had a Quaife before, and thought it's very pricey, it's helped out quite a bit. I've also the Phantom Grip LSD, and I honestly didn't feel that much of a difference between the two. that's a very respectable alternate imo if you don't want to spend that much. Also, invest in some motor mounts. the ride will be a little stiffer, but you'll be happier you have them.

After reading the thread Ill problebly go with the true LSD. I know Kazz is clutch driven and Quafe is gear drivin.... which is better??? my freind said I should go with Quafe, What is the price on them.... 1000, 1200??
THanks

Originally posted by GSntncT
I've had a Quaife before, and thought it's very pricey, it's helped out quite a bit. I've also the Phantom Grip LSD, and I honestly didn't feel that much of a difference between the two. that's a very respectable alternate imo if you don't want to spend that much. Also, invest in some motor mounts. the ride will be a little stiffer, but you'll be happier you have them.

don't you mean engine mounts .... motors are electric

Originally posted by bizzydsm
After reading the thread Ill problebly go with the true LSD. I know Kazz is clutch driven and Quafe is gear drivin.... which is better??? my freind said I should go with Quafe, What is the price on them.... 1000, 1200??
THanks

I got my Quafe for $800 used, but it comes with a life time warranty. So I am not really worried about anything. As far as which one is better I dont know, RRE says Quafe Magnus says Kazz... Who is right who knows? I am so glad I went with what I did! :thumb:

Corey

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back