The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Fwd lsd

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boost97gst

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 2, 2012
st jacob, Illinois
So ive been thinking: Go find a gsx next year and put my goodies in it, or go with a limited slip in front. Im leaning more and more towards the LSD seeing how i dont really car about launching my car. I like the 20 to 100 pulls way more but im spinning so bad even in 3rd with the power im making even now.
I know a LSD would help dramatically with planting power more evenly thus causing less slip(LOL).
My question is to those who have went from open to LSD.
Was the difference very big? Was it worth the 1000 bucks? Any opinions on where i should go and what brand etc...
I would estimate im around 400whp at the moment fwiw. I say that based off how many lbs/min im flowing so its a roundabout guess. Enough to spin in 3rd at 80 so quite a bit i would hope.

My GST would torque steer like no other! Basically pull you into the ditch!

I picked up a Quaife differential off ebay for around $900. It was brand new.

Added a bunch of mods in the process of installing it. I would say i'm around your HP range, maybe more.

The differential is one of the best parts I have bought to date!

Spins in second a bit, but pulls perfectly straight and HARD

My GST would torque steer like no other! Basically pull you into the ditch!

I picked up a Quaife differential off ebay for around $900. It was brand new.

Added a bunch of mods in the process of installing it. I would say i'm around your HP range, maybe more.

The differential is one of the best parts I have bought to date!

Spins in second a bit, but pulls perfectly straight and HARD

Man thanks for summing up my experience with the quaife. only difference I spin in all gears except 5th :pl I am very happy with it the thing made a world of a difference! I love the highway pulls more so when the highway goes from asphalt to concrete all pull no spin!! <iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/d3BgSNuJ6cg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Oh ya..... I like the look of that. Nice. Its my next upgrade ive decided. More power is useless til i can get it to the ground right? Thanks fellas

Yea you will not regret it.

Its a good chunk of change, but well worth it!

:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back