The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Fuel System

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gSx_r1der

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 14, 2004
Jamaica, New_York
Alright I already have a 16g and I'm thinking about either getting an upgraded 20g from my 16g($400)from roadraceengineering or a 50trim($800) 57-trim(??) or a 60-Trim(900), now the highest fuel injectors i plan on running for my new fuel system are 750's and no larger, would it be stupid of me to get a 60-trim with only 750's or would i be able to come close to pushing that turbo really hard with future upgrades(built motor, stroker,cams and other 5hit) and would i NEED to get a new fuel pressure regulator and how would i need to tune these new injectors cause ive read that safc doesnt work well with 750's and the same with maf-t. So my question is with the injectors that im looking at which turbo would be best for me, considering i dont want any bigger injectors??Im looking to make a reliable key word there reliable, 380-425 hp and not race car, just a daily driver that'll take me to and from work (10 min.) and have fun on the weekends and crush other cars at there little ### ass meets(stis,evo,gto,stangs) :dsm:

I suggest getting either the 20g or 50 trim for a street car. If you plan on tuning only with safc then go with 650s, at most 680s. Go with the 750s if you plan on going with dsmlink or at least chiping the ECU. You will need an afpr for the 255 period especially with the larger turbo and injectors, would be mighty hard to tune without an afpr even with 650s. Hope this helps.

Well oldman its been almost 2 months since this last post and i don't know why i wasn't alerted that someone posted to my response already, but thank you for you help, Ive decided to go with some greddy 720's a 255lph and a rewired fuel pump and possibly stay 16g until i at least get my ported 1g head, which will be the start of my 2.4l set up. now another question i ask is would it be cheaper to just go along and get a salvaged head or buy a brand new stage w/e from lets say sbr or rre or someone???thank you

gSx_r1der said:
Well oldman its been almost 2 months since this last post and i don't know why i wasn't alerted that someone posted to my response already, but thank you for you help, Ive decided to go with some greddy 720's a 255lph and a rewired fuel pump and possibly stay 16g until i at least get my ported 1g head, which will be the start of my 2.4l set up. now another question i ask is would it be cheaper to just go along and get a salvaged head or buy a brand new stage w/e from lets say sbr or rre or someone???thank you
I would get all the parts and have a reputable local machine shop to rebuild it for you, preferably some one who has done a lot of 4g63s. I see that you have decided to go with 720's, I hope you have more than just the safc to tune with. I also strongly suggest an afpr to keep the system from being over run.

I received the advice from rre that I would not need an s-afc just a afpr and they can tune it for me, have i misunderstood rre or are they just setting me up for disaster??

gSx_r1der said:
I received the advice from rre that I would not need an s-afc just a afpr and they can tune it for me, have i misunderstood rre or are they just setting me up for disaster??
Do you mean the other way around?

nah man they didnt say anything about an s-afc just that i could have it tuned by them, so your 100% sure id need one, is that what your saying?and coudlnt i just get my ecu chipped for the larger injectors??

gSx_r1der said:
nah man they didnt say anything about an s-afc just that i could have it tuned by them, so your 100% sure id need one, is that what your saying?and coudlnt i just get my ecu chipped for the larger injectors??
You never said anything about getting a chip. If you have a chip setup for 720's then yes you can use the apfr for fine tuning. Make sure they're not selling you one of the CommandFlo fpr, it can only be turned up not down because it use the same return orfice on the stock fpr which causes causes overrun. Pay a little more for one that can be adjusted both ways.

so by chipping my ecu i should be able to put even bigger injectors in, is what your saying? and how would my idle be with the chip would it be like stock or would i run into probelms??

so by chipping my ecu i should be able to put even bigger injectors in, is what your saying?
Yes, you can go as big as you want but in your case, 720s would be more than enough. You will also need a logger so you can fine tune with a safc or in your case afpr. Even if RRE is doing the tuning for you, you would still need a logger in order to keep an eye on things.

and how would my idle be with the chip would it be like stock or would i run into probelms??
I suggest you visit TMO or DSMchips and read up on the subject.

That page had much useful information, I'm prettysure im going to go with the maf-t and adjustable afpr,with the dsm chip. Now for an out of the blue question, did you use a palm pilot or what? for your data loging, cause im in a fix because i want to get a datalogger but I was under the impression that a lm-1 would be more important(wide band o2 sensor).

oh and about the720s being enough, i know that they would but i find that the 750s are a little cheaper what do you recommend with a futre 50-trim/2.4??

That page had much useful information, I'm prettysure im going to go with the maf-t and adjustable afpr,with the dsm chip.
Good choice.

Now for an out of the blue question, did you use a palm pilot or what? for your data loging, cause im in a fix because i want to get a datalogger but I was under the impression that a lm-1 would be more important(wide band o2 sensor).
Wide band is good to have and You can tune with it but a logger will provide you with much more info. I would suggest getting the logger first unless money isn't a big issue, then get both.

oh and about the720s being enough, i know that they would but i find that the 750s are a little cheaper what do you recommend with a futre 50-trim/2.4??
Doesn't really matter as long as you have the chip setup for the injectors, I can even go bigger if you want to play it safe.

oldman said:
Good choice.

Doesn't really matter as long as you have the chip setup for the injectors, I can even go bigger if you want to play it safe.

What do you mean here i think you left a word out or two cause i dont understand this..

gSx_r1der said:
What do you mean here i think you left a word out or two cause i dont understand this..
The "good choice" part or the "injector" part. I'm saying for 50 trim, 720 or 750 will be fine. But if you want to play it safe, 850s wouldn't hurt either as long as the chip is burnt specifically for that injector. Hope that made it clear.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back