The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A fuel pressure regulator

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97cLyPsE

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 24, 2004
Salinas, California
where can i get a fuel pressure regulator for a 420a? i searched the forums for this and i found a website but it doesnt specify if its for eclipse turbo or non turbo. does anyone know where i can get a fpr for a non turbo? :dsm:

I bought my Fuel Pressure Regulator off of Ebay, B&M the regulator and gauge for $80 it was like 90 with shipping but i heard that B&M was the best brand to buy dealing with regulators.

Sorry to tell you but.....

The B&M unit should not even be called a regulator. It is technically a riser. You add it to your stock regulator by cutting the top off it and bolting the B&M unit on. So technicaly it will not flow more because it does not deal with the fuel side at all. So you can not lower the fuel pressure, only raise it.

This fine if your running a stock pump, and need more fuel pressure.

But when you go with a very large pump, well...it outflows the stock regulator and fuel pressure is elevated to a point where the idle mixture is way too rich and sometimes the mixture while crusing is too rich...............at least this is the case on the 4g63 turbo cars.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back