The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

Floor Jack help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I bought that aluminum one linked above from Auto Zone and returned it. I didn't think it lifted high enough and I was just overall dissatisfied with the whole thing. I'm still on the lookout for a better jack since my old one decided to twist itself into odd angles that don't quite work.
 
You deffinetly don't need to spend a lot of money. I just got a $60 one from G.I. Joes (a sporting goods store) and have never had a problem in the 2 years I've had it. If you have good jack stands, and only use the jack to lift and drop the car, there is no reason why is shouldn't last a long time. Also, a 2 ton jack is good for 4000lbs, and you're only going to be jacking up 1/2 the car at a time, so it is more than enough for a DSM. I got 3 ton jack stands just for piece of mind. :thumb:
 
I just picked up an aluminum crafstman 2 ton and absolutely love it. Just make sure to follow the break in procedures before using it to get all the air bled out of the system.
 
Very few threads on floor jacks. Mine is failing. Made it 13 years. Can't decide if I should try a repair or not. Brand is Astro if anybody is familiar. It wasn't cheap for a 3 ton. I refuse to buy harbor freight. Thoughts? Suggestions?
 
If it's just seals and O-rings I would try to repair it if makes sense from a money and time perspective since it's from a high end manufacturer. I did that with a Craftsman Trolley jack from Lowes that started failing after a year. Interestingly enough, I previously had a Craftsman trolley jack from Sears that was just fine for 15 years before giving it to my son in law.

Anyway, my main jack is an Arcan 3.5 ton that I bought at Northern Tool 16 years ago that's still going. It's low enough to fit under the front bumper of the DSM, but still lifts the other vehicle as well.
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 2g 2g AWD auto trans case
    2g AWD auto trans case. No broken bolts or stripped threads. Bead blasted case will look new...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 2g 2g GST auto trans case
    2g auto trans case. With bearing plate and end case covers. Good condition. Trans was like...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • Wanted 2g 2g radiator support
    Im looking for a radiator support if anyone has one
    • Fundsm
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 3 inch Magnaflow SS high flow cat. CA approved.
    3 inch Magnaflow stainless cat. High flow. 18.25 inches. Flange holes are 4 1/8 center. Has...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 4G63 Race parts.
    Brand new seal in box Kigglys HLA 175$Kigglys 12 tooth billet crankshaft triggel setup 250$...
    • GST2012GSX
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top