The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

fixed boost leak not making as much boost???

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1991DSMTSIAWD

Probationary Member
Aug 30, 2013
Hohenwald, Tennessee
I'm new to dsm and turbo cars. can some one help me out and tell me if its normal that i fixed a boost leak of my mbc and now went form 20psi to 15? i have a 16g evo III turbo, we put a different boost controller on it and tried to reset it but i was just loosing boost when we turned the boost controller up??? its a turboxs mbc. we couldnt find anymore boost leaks. so i am lost. thank you for you'r help it is very appreciated.

Post a pic of your "turboxs" boost controller. Putting money on it being the junk ebay knock-off.

I'm not for sure. My brother was doing the test I heard the air coming out and picked up my boost controller and their was a hole in it. We sealed it and I got on it now only making 15 psi.. and I don't have it now. It was on my brothers car we pulled it off to see if my MBC was bad.

You sure the hole wasn't the bleed off? Was it leaking from a hole in the vacuum line or a hole in the MBC itself, and was it a hole that looked like it rotted out or was it a machined hole? Some MBC have a bleed off hole in them.

it looked machined. and i covered the hole and you couldnt hear the air coming out. is it suppose to be leaking air like that?

So you can't do another blt? Because it sounds like you need to! I suggest making one bro and always keep it handy. I do a blt at every oil change with all my turbo cars! I know its alittle over kill, but you never know when a parts going to decide to go!

my brother has the tester in his car which i cant get to right now. he slave cylinder went out. but as soon as i can get it i will.

alright thank you guys. i will post on this thread tomorrow to tell if it fixed it or not.

i opened up the hole in my mbc today. put it on and did a second gear pull and only making 10 psi.... and now my boost gauge has a lag to it. i start the car and it just sits at 0 for a couple of mins then it starts reading. can any one help.

okay im not sure if it is fixed yet or not. but i swaped the hoses on the mbc and im hitting 20 psi again. so i need to know if it was backwards or is now. can it really hurt my car and how could i really tell. it didnt seem to be driving right before i flipped it. and it seems fine now. i guess my brother just put it on backwards.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back