The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Finding/estimating latency for my injectors ECUflash

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishBeatdown

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 3, 2012
Tucson, Arizona
So after finally working out my ECUflash problems and getting a new reflash sleeve to replace the defective one, I was ready to tune the DSM. Or so I thought. I have PTE 1200cc injectors, and was following the instructions on ceddy's website on how to scale the injectors and plug in values for the latencies. He has a great table showing the different scaling/latency values for xxx injectors, but nothing for my PTE 1200cc. I figured I would google it, couldn't find anything but a post on evolutionm.com with the values for the evo pte 1200cc injectors, which caused my car to idle terrible and go very lean. So I'm guessing the evo values are no good for DSM. I called PTE, and they were less than unhelpful, no one knew anything.

What I am trying to do is find these values or somehow estimate the latencies so my car can at least idle and cruise. I figure if I can do this, I could at least do a few pulls and correct the values accordingly. Is there any way anyone knows to find these values or estimate them? Should I just take a stab at what I think it might be, aiming for 14.7? Any help would be wildly appreciated.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back