The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Fiberglass Fenders

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLACK'98DSM

5+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2019
Alabama
Curious what everyone thinks about fiberglass fenders for the 2gb. I think I would like to buy a set but am unsure of the quality, but most of all fitment. I don't want something that isn't going to fit or look nice. I see them for sale from places like Andy's Auto Sport, CarID, Ebay, Amazon etc. Most of them seem to be the Duraflex brand which I've heard can be shitty. Has anyone used fenders like this and can speak from experience with them? I'll leave my stock fenders alone if there aren't any decent aftermarket ones but I wanted to explore my options before doing a final paint job.

I haven't bought any myself but I did buy a 1gb which had fiberglass fenders on it (Z3) type with the vents. The guy had done a really good job with the fiberglass work on the car so it looked good but he probably had a pound of fiberglass between the 2 of them to get the body lines of the fender to match up with the doors and hood. Most of the fiberglass seemed to be between the door and wheel well. I also notice it looked like the bolt holes didn't line up because some were elongated and others had a hole drilled next to the factory hole.

I know you're looking at 2g which could be different but I would expect similar issues. I'm unsure of the brand I think they are still in my parts shed and can look if thats important to you. Hopefully someone with 2g experience can add better insight

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back