The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Exhaust what is the best you think??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GstRacer

20+ Year Contributor
May 6, 2003
BooneDocks, Connecticut
i have the apexi downpipe with a greddy evo exhaust but looking for a new cat back what do you think is better ?? needs the be 3 inch and if you can find it i want bigger piping

GstRacer said:
i have the apexi downpipe with a greddy evo exhaust but looking for a new cat back what do you think is better ?? needs the be 3 inch and if you can find it i want bigger piping

greddy is pretty much just as good as it gets.
why do you think you need 3" piping with a 16g.

3 inch cat back is the way to go. I can see what the guy above me is trying to say, but a 3 inch cat back is just as cheap as a 2.5 in most cases. But for a 16g you don't need a 3 inch downpipe, but a 3 inch cat back would be perfect. I have the Extreme Motorsports 3 inch catback (with resonator) and it is awesome. It might be expensive, but you should hear it. It is soooooooo deep and throaty. Only whining my car does is spoolup.

The biggest made is the Apex'i Gt Spec coming in at 3.74 inches, unless you get something custom made.

Ive been running a Blitz Nur Spec with custom 3 inch mandral piping...sounds great and is really deep....but thats on a 420a turbo dont know how it would sound on a 4g63

i would go with a Tsudo, you can find them on ebay for about 350 shipped, i have one and i can tell you this is no pos, it is the real deal, and has an excellent sound. i also have the tsudo 3" downpipe and the system sounds great. :thumb:

The exhaust posted as the 3.75" is the GT-Spec, which A'pexi doesn't make for the GST. Go to the website, http://www.apexi-usa.com/exhausts.asp, the GT-Spec is the only exhaust listed with the 95mm piping. And they only come for the RX-7 93-95, RX-7 86-91, 240 SX 89-94, 240 SX 95-98, MR-2 Turbo 91-95, and Supra 93-98. The only other 3" exhaust I can think of is the Espelir JGT500. It has 80mm piping and a 100mm tip.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Instead of buying these brand name exhausts, why not just have your local muffler shop weld one up? It's going to be cheaper, and bigger.

I know you could get something bigger for the money but i was just throwing it out and i just now realized that this is for a gst and not a gsx.

Any exhaust that is

a) mandrel bent
b) fits
c) 3" (or 2.5" if you're not going power crazy and would like a little less noise)
d) SS if you live in the rust belt
e) has the minimum required resonators/catalysts depending on how much of grandma/tree hugger you are.

I personally like the RNR beause you can get an O2 eliminator downpipe, and not have to worry about getting your O2 housing ported. But they do take a long time. There are other places out there making O2 eliminator downpipes and tubular O2 housings.

HyperGSX said:
apex'i n1 isnt bad either :p Great look and sound

I second that! I had the full n1 system on my 2g awd and now have it on the 1g awd because I liked it so much! Sounds awesome!

THERMAL. although i have a 1g, most say mine sounds a lot like a turbo diesel truck. i can hear my turbo(evo16g) spool up and despool with it. i also have a pacesetter downpipe, all of which are 3". i love it :thumb: !

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back