The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

exhaust manifold stud oil leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DsM KiD4

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 25, 2006
salinas, California
im leaking oil from the exh. manifold stud the furthest to the right on the bottom. what does this mean, and how do i fix?

If its actually coming from the hole than you need to pull out the stud, clean the oil off of the stud and out of the hole, and than use some silicone when you reinstall it. :thumb:

positive. i checked the whole valve cover, no leaks. i know its coming from the stud 100%. is that bad or do i just need to tighten it more?

oh ok ill try that. other than the stud being loose. is there any other reason for oil leaking from there?

You shouldn't be leaking from the bottom right one. The middle bottom is an oil galley stud and the top middle is in the cooling system but other than that the rest are dry. Maybe someone drilled it out before and hit a stop. Either way, clean it and loctite it in.

when i swapped exh mani's i had like 3 or 4 snapped studs in the head. i had a shop remove them maybe they messed it up.. anyway i just rtv'd that mutha, its fine for now. thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back