The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

exhaust is falling apart around me

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97 Demon

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 11, 2011
Antelope, California
So when I got my car it had an autozone "3A Racing" muffler on it, I had to go to the local junkyard to get a stock muffler and put a coupler on it to attach it to my stock exhaust pipeing, it fell of on the pipeing side earlier at the exhaust clamp and won't go back on.

I'm thinking that I need a new(er) rear axle-back stock exhaust piece but I have $0 to put towards getting the peice and need some advice, I'm to the point that I'm ready to cut more of the couplers that the previous owner put on aand weld the living sh*t outta the thing but I have to wait untill my friend has time for me to use his garage and welder.

HELP!!!!

I didn't keep it, it went into a pile of parts and scraps from when I put it all back together, that pile got thrown away about 2 days after the muffler swap happened.
I'm kicking myself for that now... I could really use those parts and the donor car just went to the crusher Friday, my friend went to pull the ball bearings out of it Saturday and found that out, and before people go and say something about junkyard bearings, they were practicaly brand new.

Here's what I'm working with.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
I don't really see a problem, a nice weld would hold the muffler on..Then later you can always get a peice of rod and make your own bracket and weld that up too..

Welding every bit of the piping that has couplers would be your best bet. Start by tach welding the muffler where you want it positioned, then pull your exhaust off and weld it the rest of the way. That way you have no leaks.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back