The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Exhaust Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cake1369

Probationary Member
Oct 4, 2009
Adams, Tennessee
As I have stated before, I am fairly new to the DSM world. During the teardown process of my motor I found something that answered one of my lingering questions about the car. I had always suspected that I had some sort of exhaust leak and I found the culprit. The exhaust manifold was cracked in three places.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Only the cracks on cylinder two and three are shown.

All of the ORIGINAL exhaust parts are definately showing their 17 year age and 233k mileage. I have decided to replace everything from the block to the rear bumper. I would like to know if anyone has sudgestions about the brand and where to get all of the parts that I would require. Also it is to be stated that this is a 7 bolt 4G63 na motor that is a daily driver. This is honestly going to be the only upgrade other than a balance shaft delete that I will be doin in this rebuild process. Thank you for your sudgestions and time.

I had thought about ebay but wasn't really sure what kind of product quality I would be getting. I have heard a few horror stories about the quality of the exhaust products from some of the guys that I work with.

If you want to get by on a budget...Look at an OEM manifold. You can get a good catback exhaust and downpipe off ebay for a good price, just make sure its 304 stainless and doesn't neck down in any place and you should be good. The SRS exhaust on ebay is a good one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back