The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Evo 8 ECU w/ an auto 2g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PFC_CiarlilloM

10+ Year Contributor
May 22, 2011
Euclid, Ohio
So, I've been looking into doing the Evo 8 ECU swap in my '96 GSX, but can't seem to find any information regarding if it works on auto's. All the write up's I've seen seem to be for various 2G manuals. I was wondering if it was possible to swap in an auto, and if anyone has a pin diagram for the swap.

Bringing up a very old thread here. Has anybody tried this?? I was looking into this, but am not certain how this would be wired up so that it would communicate with the TCM to not only to let the TCM do its job automatically, but also to take advantage of features like boost by gear. Anybody?

You can also go speed density using the Evo 8 ECU without much problem. There's a patch download for that:
http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ecuflash/402994-links-jcsbanks-speed-density-patches.html
Swap out the MDP sensor with a MAP sensor, and remove the MAF from the CAI.

Maybe this should go into the automatic transmission category of this forum. When you do the Evo ECU swap, you have to remove and swap certain pins. With a manual transmission, you swap and remove the proper pins and you're done. If you have an automatic transmission, you will remove pin 43, 48, and 91. I don't know what those pins communicate to the TCM. Pin 48 on an Evo ECU is fuel level, but I don't know what pin 43 or 91 do. If these 3 pins communicate with the TCM (RPM, Throttle Position), how does the TCM know when to change gears?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back