The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Erratic Evo8 Maf Raw?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil corb

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2005
Woodbridge, Virginia
So I am finally doing some tuning and have verified base timing, and perform a BLT to 25psi.

I am trying to calibrate my AFRatioest to my wideband during WOT and for some reason I am getting an erratic MAF Raw Hrtz from 600Hz to 900Hz. It'll spike really high through those Hz sometime even jumping to 1400Hz. It's causing bucking and loss of power and I'm worried something else is going on.

It's a evo 8 Maf sensor, ETS street kit, Dejon intake and K&N filter. Clamped good with no leaks. 1150 FIC, 190 walbro and Fuel lab FPR.

Any ideas? I was thinking possibly running out of fuel but it doesn't make sense at that rpm and load factor.

Thanks
Log is included:

Attachments

• going to work 4-24-13.elg
    19.2 KB · Views: 75
Im kind of having the same problem right now. I might clean my CAS connectors tomorrow. My valve cover breather throws oil right on there. I am getting a bad misfire when I hit 3.5K to 4K rpm under WOT.

Im kind of having the same problem right now. I might clean my CAS connectors tomorrow. My valve cover breather throws oil right on there. I am getting a bad misfire when I hit 3.5K to 4K rpm under WOT.

I changed my BOV, fixed boost leaks and replaced plugs and wires. Only to find out that I think it's just the motor running extremely rich when the hesitation starts (according to wideband) thus causing my Maf raw to go choppy.

That's the only thing I can think of and hopefully I can tune it out. The new plugs and wires did help though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back