The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

evo8 maf

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes they will. They flow 25% more air than the 2g mass.

The EVO 8 MAF connector differs from both the 1g and 2g connector, so you will have to find a connector as well and splice it in. Also, it requires some airflow calibration to function properly. The calibrations can be done of you have DSMLink, or you can get an EPROM burned with the proper adjustments. If neither of these are an option, you will probably never get it to run right.

The wire connector from the evo is the same as the montero and 3g eclipse. The wire colors are different from the evo connector to the 2g connector but the orientation is the same.

1990EclipseGSX is completely correct in his statement.

i used my 1g snorkle with my 2g mas.....it was a major pain in the butt, nut i got it.

Anyone know benefits of using a evo8 instead of a gm maf/maf-t setup... seems like they would be fairly in the same price range unless evo8 maf's are real cheap.

I sold an EVO MAF for $75 shipped, to me that would pretty cheap.

i got a maf and maf-t for 150$...

new obviously a bit more, but other than the higher volume airflow... what is the point of going evo8 over gm maf...

JessesTalon said:
i got a maf and maf-t for 150$...

new obviously a bit more, but other than the higher volume airflow... what is the point of going evo8 over gm maf...
you cant tune with the evo8 maf and you cant set it in blow through as easily. my guess is its a longer maf and the pipes made for the gm maf wont work with it.

No mitsubishi maf can be run on our cars in blowthrough style... they are just not set up to meter that way.

I am switching from my gm maf to the evo 8 maf(which I got for free;) )on my 1g for a few reasons. The gm maft doesn't allow intake air temp metering, and there is no barometrics for the computer to base the tuning on. The evo 8 is better than the 2g maf because it is able to accurately read up 62lbs/min(highest recorded number according to dsmlink forums). In which case it puts the evo 8 maf in the same ball park for metering airflow as a 3" gm maf, but you get to keep the factory parameters of metering as well.

Just a bit more info. I run the evo mas, and you can run it with a safc. A burnt chip isn't needed but helps.

Derek:dsm:

devioustsi said:
No mitsubishi maf can be run on our cars in blowthrough style... they are just not set up to meter that way.

I am switching from my gm maf to the evo 8 maf(which I got for free;) )on my 1g for a few reasons. The gm maft doesn't allow intake air temp metering, and there is no barometrics for the computer to base the tuning on. The evo 8 is better than the 2g maf because it is able to accurately read up 62lbs/min(highest recorded number according to dsmlink forums). In which case it puts the evo 8 maf in the same ball park for metering airflow as a 3" gm maf, but you get to keep the factory parameters of metering as well.
fyi I have seen a super charged 3g run its stock maf as a blow through setup. I am not sure how good it ran or worked but I did see it. WTF

yea, thats stupid, what part of the maf doesn't allow it to read airflow being pushed over airflow being pulled? its moving at the same speed, the only difference is the temperature, since the vac created by the turbocharger creates an effective pressure at the maf in the stock location anyways. please explain why stock mafs can't run in blowthough.

tstkl said:
yea, thats stupid, what part of the maf doesn't allow it to read airflow being pushed over airflow being pulled? its moving at the same speed, the only difference is the temperature, since the vac created by the turbocharger creates an effective pressure at the maf in the stock location anyways. please explain why stock mafs can't run in blowthough.

I have heard you cannot run the evo maf in blowthrough because of the barometric pressure sensor. It apparently won't produce accurate airflow readings in blowthorugh config. I know the guys at DSMLink didn't think it would work. If anybody has any more info on doing this, I would be interested to hear it.

this topic has been beaten to death. it will not work because a karman vortex sensor will not properly read pressurized air unlike a hot wire type mas such as the 3" gm sensor.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back