The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Engine rebuild......

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffreyinigo

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 6, 2004
Tucson, Arizona
Hey guys before i blow up my car, im gonna rebuild my engine. hahah. what is the cheapest and best way to go with this. i wanted to make it a really powerful car but now i just want to get it running good and make it reliable. Should i get a rebuild kit? and which one should i get if i do?

What exactly is wrong is the car that it has to be rebuilt? What are your goals for the project....be realistic? Do you want to do a complete rebuild or just fresh rings, bearings, and gaskets? Please gove us some more information and we will be happy to help you out.

Depending on what is wrong with your motor...Get your rods checked and reuse them, get the crank polished, block bored .020" at least, get the block decked and get all new rod/main bearings. Get ARP headstuds, mainstuds and rod bolts. Get rings to match however much you get the motor bored over and get a set of Ross or Wiseco 8.5 or 8.8:1 pistons and use a Mitsubishi MLS headgasket. Other than that you could leave the head stock for the time being until you are ready to move to that department.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back