The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

elcamino/eclipse

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pj91gsx

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 25, 2007
Stuart, Virginia
Check this out, my eclipse with out a hatch reminds me of an elcamino. I should weld and make a truck bed.:DROFL

pics..

pics.

OMG. WTF. I want to post the flippn pictures. :mad:

Last time, before I shove the computer into the wall.

Do you have a photobucket.com account? Or something similar? If so, it's easy to post pics.

no. LOL. but i am getting really ticked.:mad:

pics...

Attachments

• DSC00475.jpg
    DSC00475.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 301
  • DSC00478.jpg
    DSC00478.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC00477.jpg
    DSC00477.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 295
  • DSC00479.jpg
    DSC00479.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 299
YAY! I HELPED.
Rep please :D
No just kidding.
NICE PAINT JOB HOLY JESUS, I'm jealous.
It's so shiny!
Yeah, it does have a Camino resemblance.

Seriously though, gimme some rep.I could have laughed at you like everyone else, but I am a nice guy. Lol I'm funny.

YAY! I HELPED.
Rep please :D
No just kidding.
NICE PAINT JOB HOLY JESUS, I'm jealous.
It's so shiny!
Yeah, it does have a Camino resemblance.

Seriously though, gimme some rep.I could have laughed at you like everyone else, but I am a nice guy. Lol I'm funny.

Lol. i dont think its shiny yet. LOL. I painted it with rustoelum aluminum color. with a spray gun. It does sparkle and it looks so pretty. LOL. My mom had the paint laying around so I just took it. She has no idea, its on my car.ROFL

Lol. i dont think its shiny yet. LOL. I painted it with rustoelum aluminum color. with a spray gun. It does sparkle and it looks so pretty. LOL. My mom had the paint laying around so I just took it. She has no idea, its on my car.ROFL

ROFL
Wow ahaha, I like the color.
I wish I had a gun.
I would go flat back. I love that color.

Thanks, if your wondering why I painted with half way threw the body work, I have so much crap in front of the car that I couldnt push it in so I had to bondo and paint before the rain would ruin the bondo again. Im trying to paint it so I can set i back and get it out of the way so I can finish up the motor and drop it in. That will be a fun day.

LOL. Look at all that I have to put together by myself. its amazing I got it all apart.ROFL

You're gonna have a handful of bolts when you're done.
Guaranteed.
I took off my bumper 3 weeks ago, I had 5 extra bolts.
I LOOKED EVERYWHERE I DON'T THINK I MISSED ANYTHING!

Guaranteed.

LOL. you have no idea. I still have to install the motor, dashboard, fenders. rear seats, and roll bar, windshield, rear glass, and hatch. Not to mention the bumpers lights, hood, and all of the trim. Ill have extra parts left over LOL.

Ha! Dude I've been around paint long enough to know that rustolem is good for rusty wagons, farm implements, lamp posts, and hand rails.

It sucks on cars. There is no way ever that it could look as good as a 2 part urethane paint job sprayed from a quality gun. A+ for the effort, but Fail for the follow through. Honestly the cheapest maaco job would have been better.

The thing about painting a car, is the finish quailty is proportional to the prep work and the quailty of the materials used. The shop where I worked painted brand new cars that were being built for the sema show and other events. We would spend about 40 hrs in just prep work on a brand new car. This didn't include disassembly time. I can guess it would take upwards of 100 hrs to get the op's car ready for paint. So after you just spent that much time why would you paint with a $25 gallon of paint. It doesn't make sense. The op is going to spend more in materials to put the windows back in then he did on paint. And I bet his windshield falls out because the urethane don't stick to the rustolem.

I don't mean to ruin anyones day, but don't expect anything other than dissapointment from that paint job.

Come on be nice.

You know I'm just teasing ;)

Guaranteed.

Truer words have never been spoken LOL... Been there.... many times :)

Ha! Dude I've been around paint long enough to know that rustolem is good for rusty wagons, farm implements, lamp posts, and hand rails.

It sucks on cars. There is no way ever that it could look as good as a 2 part urethane paint job sprayed from a quality gun. A+ for the effort, but Fail for the follow through. Honestly the cheapest maaco job would have been better.

The thing about painting a car, is the finish quailty is proportional to the prep work and the quailty of the materials used. The shop where I worked painted brand new cars that were being built for the sema show and other events. We would spend about 40 hrs in just prep work on a brand new car. This didn't include disassembly time. I can guess it would take upwards of 100 hrs to get the op's car ready for paint. So after you just spent that much time why would you paint with a $25 gallon of paint. It doesn't make sense. The op is going to spend more in materials to put the windows back in then he did on paint. And I bet his windshield falls out because the urethane don't stick to the rustolem.

I don't mean to ruin anyones day, but don't expect anything other than dissapointment from that paint job.

^ this isn't the first paint job of this kind :rolleyes:

OP Looks pretty good :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back