1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1G Ebc issue

Posted by 91tsiawdtalon4g63, Oct 20, 2019

Tags:
Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. 91tsiawdtalon4g63

91tsiawdtalon4g63 Proven Member

Joined Dec 24, 2013
    Brownsville, Pennsylvania
    Have a Mac 3 port hooked up, hose diagram is correct (both top and bottom holes used on wastegate), one wire to pin 105 of the ecu with full continuity from ecu to ebc, hooked up to 12v power with full continuity to ebc, enabled boost control on ecmlink, put duty cycle between 0%-75% and it did not change the boost amount from wastegate pressure (24lb 44mm mvr tial). Checking the wires with a multimeter I found that both wires are receiving battery power 0-75% duty cycle and also receives battery when 100% duty cycle is turned on through link (should switch to ground when 100% duty cycle is on). I just recently had the ecu serviced through ecmlink for a blown driver (ic106 aka ebc driver) PRIOR to installing the Mac 3 port. Visually inspected ecu and everything looks how it should be. The ebc isn't being grounded via the ecu (ebc clicks when grounded manually so it functions correctly). I have no idea why the ecu is not sending a ground signal to the ebc and any help would be appreciated greatly.

Turbo is an fp black if that matters

Street Build 3K  4

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    437 whp · 325 lb/ft · 1G DSM

Street Build 1K  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    14.01 @ 103.76 · 1G DSM