The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

Ebay front lower Strut bar?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newdsmtnr96

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 16, 2005
Des Moines, Iowa
So i bought a front lower strut bar cause it was dirt cheep. I finally got it and i cant figure out where the heck this thing connects. i have researched every little key word i could think of and all i get is lower rear and Other unrelated topics. Any ways does any one know where this thing connects? I have my engine out and for like an hr i was all looking arround and nothing really indicates that it could be connected to --- . heres the thing i bought if it helps any. I also have the Top front strut bar but yea. If any one could help me out on this.. have any pics of it put on?
Newdsmtnr96

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-9...8QQihZ013QQcategoryZ33591QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There are connecting joints on the back side of this crossmember, now adjust the tie bar with the thread portions on each side to adjust properly, and if it doesnt even come close then you might have the wrong tie bar, hopefully this diagram helps.

And P.S. dont you mean lower rear strut bar. Never heard of a front lower, maybe a swaybar.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lower front strut bars do exist, but I thought RRE was the only one who made them. It should connect somewhere on the bottom of the shock towers.

Thanks for your help.. But i just want to point out " 95-97-99 ECLIPSE CARBON FIBER FRONT LOWER TIE STRUT BAR Item number: 230149023368 ""
I think im going to try after work to put it on the rear. Maybe thats what they ment instead of front lower.

VelocitàPaola;151229493 said:
Lower front strut bars do exist, but I thought RRE was the only one who made them. It should connect somewhere on the bottom of the shock towers.

Wow you got me on that one, didnt know that. But it seems like they would a slight pain to work with. But hey if they work well then cool.

i've only heard of rear lower tie bars, 1st to hear about ta front one. hmm. let us know how it shapes out though! :)

VelocitàPaola;151229544 said:

The "Road/Race Front Lower Stress Bar?" Amazing. I've been working on a friend's GSX on and off for the last two weeks and neither of us know where that thing came from. Haha. At least the previous owner shopped the right vendors. :D

And to the OP, never, EVER, take anything you read on Ebay for a fact. The rule of thumb is thus: You can have it fast, cheap, or right, but you can only pick two out of three. You go that bar fast and, in your words, "cheep." It's probably scrap.

Quality chassis bracing equipment is not going to be cheap. The adapter plate between my block and AC tensioner in the Galant was made from a section of an Ebay strut tower bar. They're kinda cool to look at, but they're essentially useless. There are better things to spend your money on.

Ok here's the verdict. Part looks great and all that but 1) the lower rear bar will not work with any JDM style side angled exhaust and 2) the front lower bar has a hump in it to clear the exhaust and what not in the front great but rides so low after wards that it would probably hit a speed bump or anything like that so neither ended up getting installed but both uppers were good as expected. Very subtle yet still effective, well as effective as a strut tower bar can be.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back