The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ebay Data Loggers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sven97GSX

Probationary Member
Feb 21, 2006
Mahopac, New_York
What do you guys think about these data loggers?
Data Logger
What other loggers do you guys prefer that is fairly easy to use?
~Sven

What do you guys think about these data loggers?
Data Logger
What other loggers do you guys prefer that is fairly easy to use?
~Sven

I'd email the seller and ask them what Palm logging software he's bundling with the package. That'll say a lot about whether it's worth $150 or not.

You can get pretty much the same thing from Pocketlogger.com. The PDA is not included, but you can get them cheap on eBay or at a 2nd hand store (my wife got a PalmIIIxe for $1). With all the doo-dads, it's gonna cost about $150 no matter how you slice it.

There are OBDII logger packages out there for $125 and up.

I bought the same package. it comes with palm n stein and obd gauge installed on the pda.

I bought one of those. The palm is a refurbished random thing.. mines a palmIIIxe.
Software is OBDGuage

Whiteflash... any review? what do you think? worth the $$?
~Sven

To me, it was worth the money because it all came in a package, even though i did pay 180. But no complaints, even though the program Palm n stein doesn't work; i just use OBD gauge and OBD graph. The seller is also a good guy and helped me out quite a bit.

I bought this one from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mits...018QQitemZ280167625930QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

shipping was fast and the it works flawlessly!!! I usually use mmcd because I can see many variables with it but it also comes with 2 other programs installed along with back up files on cd and the great thing is that it comes with a factory aldl cable plug which makes installing the cable a snap! oh yeah its only $85!!!(about $98 or shipped to hawaii!)

Thats where I went wrong, I paid about $110 for mine. And i got the one with the 3 wires and not the plug in clip. I plugged mine in fine but when I tired to pull it and put it in my wifes to get read a CEL, the tiny wire came out of the terminal, so I couldn't use it in either of my cars. I have to replace the wire.

However, Since I don't have 2-3 DSMs anymore, I can just repair it and stick it in my car an never worry about it.

Attachments

• logger.JPG
    logger.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 296
they had a obd II pocket logger kit with the palm pilot the obd II cord and the program all in one. can someone help me find one I cant seem to find any on ebay what so ever:cry:

Just keep checking back. They come and go. It's taken me a while to aquire what I needed to do the trick. Every week or two someone will put a whole kit up for sale. Maybe 1G, maybe 2G. Hold out for a real cable instead of the one with seperate spade connecters. Right now I'm using an old laptop (with a dead battery. It will hold enough of a charge that I'm not driving around with an extension cord hanging out of my window:nono:) and various adapters and cables. The serial connecter at the other end of the cable looks the same, but isn't the same, for the laptop cable versus the PDA cable. The pins inside are different. A "null modem" cable or adapter is required to use the PDA cable with a laptop, or vice-versa. They can be had at any computer-geek store for $5-10. Good luck. It busted my ass, but don't give up and you'll get it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back