The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Eagle talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello

So since owning for bout 3 months have done very little driving. Had gm maf translator and map sensor installed. Rear hatch stabalizers. Engine hand clean interior etc. Needs new clear on passenger bumper side and fender but no rust and up here in nova scotia its not common.

Do have the questiin of pcv dip stick that cant find answer or photo showing. Ive purchased catch filter for VC cover relief hose havent installed because i know nothing of turbo engines. But where does other end of hose post filter connect. In the pic from diy shows it just dropping off under some wire bundles. Any help regarding thus us apprecuated. I have added phote of engine bay maybe someone can provide assistance

And yes have replaced pcv. Dip stick, oil fill cap new hardware for valve cover on order here next week, along with plugs and wires. Like mentioned above cant seem to figure out where VC relief hose needs to be reconnected or if i even have place on intake for it to go. Right now its routed to hose leading towards wheel well.

Attachments

• 20190608_082115_HDR.jpg
    20190608_082115_HDR.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 130
did you look at this in the tech articles ?https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/the-4g63t-pcv-system.366890/it shows diagrams of different catch can setups ...should be helpful ...says catch can should not be vented to atmosphere but connected to a vacuum source ....ur talon looks in great shape for an east coast car ..nice grab!! ...i have one that's gone to rust and a second i am rebuilding ...i Haven't seen a dsm here in newfoundland in a few years now and i think ur the closest on to me on this forum for sure

did you look at this in the tech articles ?https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/the-4g63t-pcv-system.366890/it shows diagrams of different catch can setups ...should be helpful ...says catch can should not be vented to atmosphere but connected to a vacuum source ....ur talon looks in great shape for an east coast car ..nice grab!! ...i have one that's gone to rust and a second i am rebuilding ...i Haven't seen a dsm here in newfoundland in a few years now and i think ur the closest on to me on this forum for sure

Thanks for article link Pat
. I appreciate the love. Ending up figuring it out. Placed a small filter on for relief. Seems to be running smoother hasnt totally fixed problem but toned it down. Im sure with new gaskets, hardware, dip stick and oil cap it will be fine. I think a proper tune would also help but been advised to get good guages before doung so.
But again thanks for help!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back