The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

E85-burning Koenigsegg CCXR supercar

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthewdesigns

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 29, 2006
Colo. Springs, Colorado
Just saw this info today, thought some of you would get a kick out of it. The Swedish auto maker Koenigsegg is releasing an E85 compatible version of the CCX. The car is badass to begin with, this just takes it up another couple of notches. Here's some text from their site:

THE CCXR - THE FIRST GREEN SUPERCAR

The CCXR will take you to an entirely new level of performance. It is a derivative of the CCX, with a highly modified engine that can run on E85 and E100 Biofuel as well as normal 98 octane petrol (Europe). When run on regular petrol, the 4.7 litre twin-supercharged Koenigsegg engine delivers 806 Bhp, but this figure rises to an astonishing 1018 Bhp when the car is run on E85 Biofuel.

Link to website.

I read a couple of months ago that Sweden was beginning a large-scale push to be oil independent by 2020. They are already the EU leader in the use of renewable energy, including ethanol at the pump.

Edit: The car weighs 2600lbs. That's 2.55lbs per horse kids!

The CCXR has been my dream car for a year or so, only replacing the "ordinary" CCX as my favorite. I wonder if the handling has been fixed. I hear it's not as composed as a lot of other supercars.

Edit: Their website isn't as good as it used to be. It used to give nice break downs on the individual components of the car. ie chassis, engine, suspension, etc. The twin SC engine is crazy and even has some type of boost recovery system so there is no kind of lag.

CCXR has always been my favorite car from Top Gear. Pure insanity in both styling and driving.

^ I think it was the CCX or maybe even the CCR TG tested. I don't beleive they've ever tested the CCXR, but they did mention it in the news section once.

I believe you're right. They tested the CCX, CCR and then the Stig said one of them needed a wing for more downforce, they got the car back with a wing and ran a considerably better time.

^^^^^^^
Didnt the stig crash,well more of went of teh track, in the first one without teh wing?
Im pretty sure he did

^^^^^^^
Didnt the stig crash,well more of went of teh track, in the first one without teh wing?
Im pretty sure he did

Sure did. Then somehow without speaking he told them he wanted a wing. Some say he eats turbine wheels and motor oil for breakfast. Some say his driving suit is a support system for his alien body. All we know is he's called the Stig. Ahh how I love top gear. Can't wait til October when the new episodes come out and I'm anxious to see how the US boys do.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back