The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Dyno Pulls Today!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TylerAWD

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 7, 2009
Spanaway, Washington
i went to Pacific Motor Sport today just for the hell of it and did a AWD dyno, ill list my mods

190 walbro
K&N
3 Inch turbo back.
MBC
stock everything else

compression 172 all? kinda high for a 1g 6 bolt recent rebuild with 16,000 miles
Od 96,000

it was a AWD mustang Dyno...
My BCS opens and my boost falls on it face and goes to 7 psi drops from 18 to 7 and my car is ####in rich and shit with stock 450cc its @ 10.3 with 18PSI... WTF?!?!?!?!

did four pulls for $85

first 188WHP 192WQT @13.2 PSI

second 192WHP 198WTQ @14.1

third 202 Whp 218WTQ @16.2

Fourth 212WHP@5435RPM 237WTQ@4015 @18.0PSI 10.3 AFR

stock 450cc almost stock everything i still have my BCS hoooked up and @ 5435 it open and falls to 7PSI and it climbs pretty good then falls so he said i shouldhave around 30 - 40 more WHP if it didnt open because from what they have seen with stock cams the power does not die until 6500 sometimes keeps climbing my car always feels really slow like it falls on its face at 5500ish so i have been @ 7 psi and he said my ECU retarding the timing pretty good so he said maybe even more so im gonna get a tune to lean it out i though i was lean but i guess its accully too rich with stock 450cc i will scan the Dyno charts later

i went to Pacific Motor Sport today just for the hell of it and did a AWD dyno, ill list my mods

190 walbro
K&N
3 Inch turbo back.
MBC
stock everything else

compression 172 all? kinda high for a 1g 6 bolt recent rebuild with 16,000 miles
Od 96,000

it was a AWD mustang Dyno...
My BCS opens and my boost falls on it face and goes to 7 psi drops from 18 to 7 and my car is ####in rich and shit with stock 450cc its @ 10.3 with 18PSI... WTF?!?!?!?!

did four pulls for $85

first 188WHP 192WQT @13.2 PSI

second 192WHP 198WTQ @14.1

third 202 Whp 218WTQ @16.2

Fourth 212WHP@5435RPM 237WTQ@4015 @18.0PSI 10.3 AFR

stock 450cc almost stock everything i still have my BCS hoooked up and @ 5435 it open and falls to 7PSI and it climbs pretty good then falls so he said i shouldhave around 30 - 40 more WHP if it didnt open because from what they have seen with stock cams the power does not die until 6500 sometimes keeps climbing my car always feels really slow like it falls on its face at 5500ish so i have been @ 7 psi and he said my ECU retarding the timing pretty good so he said maybe even more so im gonna get a tune to lean it out i though i was lean but i guess its accully too rich with stock 450cc i will scan the Dyno charts later

IS this bs? never heard of getting 4 pulls w charts for $85.00 they charge $175+ an hr around these parts WTF

Kolby

Nope, thats not bs. I can get 3 pulls at another local shop for $50 anytime I want. There are a handful of awd dynos in the area so its a little cheaper then other areas.

Agreed, mine was 175 across though and that was about half a year after me owning it. Not any more though, already way out of spec and way lower :thumb: Not bad numbers but I have never heard of boost falling off like that.

On a 1G compression should be 178 stock. So his is really good.

i think mine is acculy really good here is what my online manual says...

1G (90-94) T/E/L______1.8L NT engine______-2.0L NT engine-______2.0L Turbo engine
Compression ratio ---------__9.0:1 -------------9.0:1-----------7.8:1

Standard compression ---------185 psi-----------192 psi------------164 psi

Service limit-------------------131 psi--------- 145 psi------ 121 psi

2G (95-99) T/E------------- 2.0L NT 420A engine-------2.0L 4G63 Turbo engine ---------2.4L NT Spyder engine

Compression ratio---------------- 9.8:1 -------------------- 8.5:1---------------------------- 9.5:1

Standard compression-----------170-225 psi ---------------178 psi-------------------------- 192 psi

Service limit------------------------100 psi--------------------133 psi ------------------------- 146 psi

yeah its because my BCS is still hooked up and on my dyno it does not show anything about pulling timing but my BCS opens up and lets everything out, im getting a better boost controller and getting rid of my HKS, i should just get a electronic on and no ####y foot around

so i would say my compression is around 8.1 ish

Congrats on the numbers. I don't think you are going to get much more out of it with those injectors. Kind of makes me wonder what your fuel pressure is currently at to see that rich at that power lvl on those injectors. This is totally my opinion but I would stay with a manual bc and not get a electronic one.

Nope, thats not bs. I can get 3 pulls at another local shop for $50 anytime I want. There are a handful of awd dynos in the area so its a little cheaper then other areas.

i want to take my car to a dyno but my is a front wheel drive, i dont know too much about washington and good places, if i take it i will be the first time the car is on a dyno.

Congrats on the numbers. I don't think you are going to get much more out of it with those injectors. Kind of makes me wonder what your fuel pressure is currently at to see that rich at that power lvl on those injectors. This is totally my opinion but I would stay with a manual bc and not get a electronic one.

yeah i didnt get it either, i have 550's nut if im running kinda rich @ 18 then idk whats happening LOL

yea just found out hat my turbo has been blown for idk a while LOL so that dyno was done on a Blown 14b, when i took it out it barly moved with my finger no shaft play but both side leaked oil and the fins on turbine side were ####ed to shit!, yea it was supose to be new but hell no that turbo had 100k on it LOL i put a small 16G on there from a JDM galant pulls so much better and spools faster since its not so ####ed up and also a ported matched everything and got new manifold. acculy pulls to redline now instead of giving up at 5500 it pulls to 7000 its nice LOL still dont like takin it that high but #### it!

hahah no joke, but i still don think i will LOL its still not that fast LOL

Is you mirage fwd
If so does it have a drive shaft tunnel ?
I know some of them do, it would be sick with AWD

Is you mirage fwd
If so does it have a drive shaft tunnel ?
I know some of them do, it would be sick with AWD

yes it is and a ton of people have converted them with 1g stuff. one day itll get the awd swap but for now ill enjoy spinning to 90 mph

i dunno you were having trouble keeping up with me?:shhh: and after english gets done with my tranny im going for broke on the 16g:sneaky:

ya your right but now let do the math your car is about half the weight of mine and once i get link plus new injectors , we will see whats really happening hahahhaha plus i fixed like 2 huge boost leaks since then too

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back