The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

DSMLink pulling major timing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black'95

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 23, 2010
East Berlin, Pennsylvania
OK, I just got V3 installed by the guys at ECMTuning. It's in a 95 ECU that they changed to be a 97. I have the plug wires swapped accordingly. Car idles fine, and used to run great when I had another stock ECU tuned with an S-AFC II. When I installed the 'Linked ECU, I all of a sudden get a weirdo hesitation when driving normally. I've made a couple logs, and discovered that the ECU is pulling quite a bit of timing, which seems to be causing my hesitation. No knock retard.... Please take a quick look and let me know what I'm doing wrong before I drive this thing off a cliff!! :ohdamn::ohdamn::ohdamn:

Thanks in advance!!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Ok, I did some more looking at everything, (this is new to me) and found the stock timing maps in DSMLink. It was retarding timing because that's how the map was set up. I tweaked the maps a bit, going off my logs of LoadFactor and RPM. Runs a hell of a lot better now, but still has some slight hesitation to it. I'll keep playing with it, I suppose. Now my question is: should you have to change the timing maps from stock down low like that? I'll post up a screenshot of how the table looks now when I get the chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solved. Turns out the cam sensor signal was inverted. I didn't even think the thing would run like that. I ended up clicking the "non 95-96 style cas" box and everything is great now. Weird that I even had to check that box, since the entire car is a 95. Mut have been something when they swapped the jumpers in the ECU to make it a 97, but I thought that was just affecting the plug wires...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back