The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

dsmlink timing jumps

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ok after playing with fuel settings for awhile i was finally ablt to get this thing running and did a quick run up the street and back. afr is still a little high though. the first log is in the shop the second is a run up the street

Attachments

• log.2012.10.08-04.elg
    82.6 KB · Views: 55
  • log.2012.10.08-05.elg
    254.5 KB · Views: 60
the main reason i had to move the fuel sliders was due to flooding issues. Ill see what I can do with it in the morning. would it be driveable to get it home approx. 20 miles?

mod list updated
i thought maybe that code came up since the turbo timer keeps the car running with the ignition switch in off position. this was just an assumption so i'll check on that too. it is the afr that has be afraid to try to bring it home.

Last edited:
here are my latest logs. i started with everything zeroed out and tried to get the airflow per rev close to .25 and the comb fuel trim down to 0 - 1% i was also able to get the airfuel ratio down as well. approx 15. please let me know how i did and what i should maybe do from here. planning on driving the car home approx. 20 miles tomorrow. the alt does work. 14.25v at batt.

Attachments

• log.2012.10.10-01.elg
    21.9 KB · Views: 48
  • log.2012.10.10-02.elg
    14 KB · Views: 50
  • log.2012.10.10-03.elg
    19.3 KB · Views: 52
Update your modlist and please log more values:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/ecmlink-tuning-help/444831-list-values-log.html

You, sir, need a wideband...

Log more values. I'll say it again - log more values. If you don't know how:
ecmlink101datalogging [ECMTuning - wiki]
or
http://www.ecmtuning.com/demos/capturedvalues.html
and if you don't know which ones to log, read the link I quoted above.

Your airflowperrev needs to be higher because you have 272's, ported head, etc...so don't go crazy on 0.25. 0.30 may be closer to where it should be.

Did you try disconnecting the turbo timer and clearing the code?

Last edited by a moderator:
here i have an idle log with all the values logged as listed in the link provided that i could. i dont have a wideband at this time. still looking into that. the second log is a cruise log. the maf comp values used were suggested using the mafcomp adjust tool. they may need to be moved again.

Attachments

• log.2012.10.13-01.elg
    148 KB · Views: 41
  • log.2012.10.13-02.elg
    63.7 KB · Views: 42
here i have an idle log with all the values logged as listed in the link provided that i could.
Good, now you'll notice that the thottle position is at 4% at idle. Please do a TPSadjust:
v3tpsadj [ECMTuning - wiki]

http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/v3tpsadj said:
To use this function, just grab a log with throttle position data (TPSVolts or ThrotPos) ranging from fully closed (foot completely off the throttle) to fully open (foot to the floor)...Once you have a log with this data, simply right click in the log (graph screen) and select "TPS Adjust"

Then post another idle log.

Also, it looks like some strange stuff is going on with the throttle position in the begining of the idle log...

here is an idle log with tps adjusted as requested.

Attachments

• log.2012.10.14-02.elg
    31.5 KB · Views: 54
here is an idle log with tps adjusted as requested.

Your ISC needs adjustment, it's low at 11. Should be around 30:
http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/idlesurge said:
simply adjust the BISS until the ISCPosition value logged in DSMLink/ECMLink hovers around 30 at normal warm-engine idle in neutral.

airflowperrev is slightly high, combinedft slightly low. Run mafcompadjust tool on the idle log to get an estimate of where the 50hz slider should be (needs to come down a bit).

Also, your battery voltage is low at 11.9v. This, along with the 1500 code, I suspect your alternator is bad/going bad. However, you said you have 14.25v at the battery so...maybe it's a ground issue. You should look into it.

and...

get a wideband! :D

definitly have to look into intermittent alt issue and wideband also on my list here is an idle log with biss adjusted. its hard to keep it around 30 it seems to jump around alot hope this is ok. also used maf comp adj again as well at idle.

Attachments

• log.2012.10.14-03.elg
    20.8 KB · Views: 47
definitly have to look into intermittent alt issue

Yeah, this should be priority.

here is an idle log with biss adjusted. its hard to keep it around 30 it seems to jump around alot hope this is ok

It takes a while for the BISS to settle. You need to make a small adjustment then wait, small adjustment then wait. Might take a day or so to get it right...be careful though because your coolant temps are getting high. Might want to look into this as well.

also used maf comp adj again as well at idle.
It still needs to come down a little. You want airflowperrev around .25-.26, and combinedft as close to 0% as possible (EDIT: just remembered you have 272s and ported head, just focus on getting combinedft to 0%). Also, you have some wild swings on your mafcomp sliders. You don't need such drastic jumps. I suggest re-watching the ECMLink Demo Videos. Also, when making significant airflow changes, it is recommended to reset your fuel trims: ECU -> Reset fuel trims

That about covers it, but priority should be to fix your alternator issue and look into lowering the coolant temp...

One more thing:
You really should upgrade [to v3] if you want to do any serious tuning on your car.
This ^

The v3 and wideband are on my future list. Right now i need new alt and need to find out why my oil guage in dash doesnt work. It sits at a little below quarter all the time. Key on or off engine running or not. I took the wire off the sensor and grounded it but all that did was make the oil light come on.

What is a good coolant temp to shoot for? The guage in the car still sits just below half as normal when hot. I have one slim fan on it and seems to run 213 goin on highway and 219 sitting still.

Also wanted to thank everyone for all the help and info was very helpful and is really appreciated

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back