The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Dsmlink ecu

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmw335ikt

Proven Member
Sep 23, 2015
Crown Point, Indiana
hello I bought a used dsmlink with ecu for my 1997 Gsx
And with my original ecu the boost gauge goes up about half way and the check engine light comes on for a couple of seconds and goes away. But when I but the Eprom ecu that I bought used. The boost gauge goes up about half way but the check engine light stays on. Is the ecu bad. Thanks

I dont think the ECU is bad at all, if your check engine light is coming on when youre boosting, then you have other issues, have you ever checked the codes?

No my motor is not in yet so I turned the key on the on position and with the old ecu the engine light would stay on and go off. With the EPROM ecu the one I bought used with the dsmlink kit. The check engine light stays on and doesn't shut off

Well if you're powering the ECU, then use DSMLink to check for codes on the ecu. I'm trying to remember but I'm pretty sure that in my 2g the check engine light stays on all the time when the engine isnt running.

If youre concerned, open up the ecu and take detailed pictures and post it up, or email them to ECMTuning and see what they think. Theyll be able to tell you if there is any damage to the ecu.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back