1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

DSM in the UK

Posted by KieWhitehouse90, Aug 7, 2012

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. KieWhitehouse90

KieWhitehouse90 Probationary Member

Joined Feb 5, 2012
    Wolverhampton, Europe
    Hello, I've not long bought a 2G GST, and registered on here to essentially help me with my project.
    Just posting to see if there are any others here in the UK? Haven't seen a single one around here.. which amazes me.
    If so, have you had much luck with getting parts here very easily or?
    I'm having a huge problem trying to find parts here, as shipping from the states is massively expensive.
    But yeah, I'm new to the site and I've definitely found a lot of information on here so far to help me with my project :)

271  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 2G DSM
  2. Michacolonia

Michacolonia Probationary Member

Joined Apr 7, 2011
    Cologne, Europe
    Welcome!
    They are that rare in uk cause of the lhd.
    But maybe you try to get some parts in good old germany;-)
    Try it on dsmworld.Net or on ebay.de ;-)
    Maybe we'll see us one day, when i visit my sister (close to London)

558  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    14.184 @ 104.365 · 2G DSM
  3. KieWhitehouse90

Joined Feb 5, 2012
    Wolverhampton, Europe
    And maybe, i'll be driving to Germany next year for Summerbreeze festival.
    My friend insists he saw a red 2G in London, so there must be atleast a few here !

271  0

· 2G DSM
  4. jtmcinder

jtmcinder DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 4, 2003
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Not trying to kill the traffic on this site, but for engine-related issues, you might want to start lurking on Evo-related boards, if you aren't already. Prior to the X, same engine, albeit sometimes flip around the other way.

5. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    We should all have a meet one day, in near london

I wouldnt there crap and dont really tell you anything! Not only do they insist you pay to join its poorly run and no info on any site has helped me apart from dsmtuners! So i say just stick to this site, i dont even use dsmtalk as i think it sucks and the layout is not as good as dsmtuners

Road Race Build 8K  10  50

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    175 whp · 180.1 lb/ft · 2G DSM
  6. KieWhitehouse90

Joined Feb 5, 2012
    Wolverhampton, Europe
    I'll be going to London for a few things including seeing some family when my cars back on the road, so can say Hi if you like. Would be cool to compare with another 2G

271  0

· 2G DSM
  7. rsvrob

rsvrob Probationary Member

Joined Oct 8, 2012
    Luton UK, Europe
    Now now. I'm in the UK and an evo owner. Would gladly help if needed. Evoowners.co.UK is free and evo123 would be good as it's essentially the same engine even correctly facing LOL

8. ec17pse

ec17pse Freelancer

Joined Nov 1, 2008
    London, Europe
    Luton huh! Well if your very knowledgeable then i might need a little of your help! I need help finding an issue, im in st albans so if you dont mind popping over to see if you can help but i really do need someone who is very clued in on what they know PM me if you can help

Road Race Build 8K  10  50

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    175 whp · 180.1 lb/ft · 2G DSM