The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

DSM Funky Sound?? VideoLink

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VTEC KILLR

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 9, 2005
Portsmouth, Ohio
Ok so somethings broke.... Again. It was running fine, then it started making this sound when I pulled out of my garage. I am hoping it's not the transmission, it almost seems like it comes from the front then the back. I have a welded Diff, so maybe it bit the dust.It has a fairly newly rebuilt tranfercase but who knows. Gonna start draining fluids and checking stuff out later this week after I fix my other POS. Just looking for some advice. Thanks

YouTube - Dsm funky sound

my 1st thought was a rearend as well. i didnt hear it do it rev. in the video but i could be wrong. could be axle bearings.

Definately not the brakes. Axle bearings causing the whine and clunk sound alternating from rear to front? By axle bearings do you mean wheel bearings?

Definately not the brakes. Axle bearings causing the whine and clunk sound alternating from rear to front? By axle bearings do you mean wheel bearings?

I think that's what he was going for LOL

I'd ensure it's not brake/ABS related and then just jack it up and do the wiggle test for your wheel bearings.

It also won't hurt to go around grabbing on all the suspension arms looking for excessive wear or even squeaks and grinds.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back