The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Dropped #3 cylinder

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20psimitsu

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 22, 2002
San Antonio, Texas
The car drives fine under light acceleration but, soon as I go past 3k, it will drop cylinder 3. I push in the clutch and let the rpm's drop then release the clutch and no more miss. I can free rev it to 3k and hold it there and it will drop the cylinder, let it drop back to idle and it clears up. Wanted to know if anyone has ran across this problem or have any ideas where to start.:confused:

It's a 99 gst with 6 bolt swap

Are you sure it's not also cyl 2 since they fire together? If not, check #3 spark plug cable (in the dark) for spark jumping from cable to ground. You could also try swapping the cable to see if the miss swaps with it.

tried swaping plugs and also wires and still did it. I can pull wires up while it's running and only #3 has no difference. I can pull the wire up and set it barely on top of the plug and it will stop miss. makes no sense to me. It won't do it in first(WOT or not) but, in second soon as hit 3k it drops. I wouldn't think it would an injector, nor coil. wondering if it could be the CAS.

Swap your #3 injector with #1 or #4 and see if the problem transfers cylinders. I had a miss from 2k and up on my gst and had a bad injector.

Yeah, I thought about swapping injectors. I try that and a couple other things. thanks for the help

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back