The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Driver Side Axle Seal Part #

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briang1084

Probationary Member
Oct 26, 2005
Atlanta, Georgia
Hey Guys,

I'm currently needing a new driver side axle seal for my 97 GST. I wanted to make sure that I purchased the right part. I purchased the output shaft seal from Advance Autoparts, they didn't have a "Axle Seal" but an output shaft seal, the part number on their site is 710529. I wanted to be sure this is the correct part before I remove the axle.

If this isn't the correct part, please let me know what would be the correct part # for Advance Auto, Autozone, or Oreilly's.

Thx in advance.

Brian

man im in the same spot i have gotten many different part numbers but i have yet to find the right seal cause apperrantly theres several different ones used i have a raised boot on mine noone has yet to say i stock it i just ordered from Oreilys 710199 :pray: that is the right one. yourr gonna have to take it out first so youcan be sure you get the one your car needs

Although the original post is nearly two years old, here's the info.

For 2G FWD turbo cars, the axle seals are the same and are Mitsubishi part number MD742053.
For 2G AWD cars, the driver side is MD719710 and the passenger side is MD707184.

RNR_MOTORS -- I know at O'Reilly's you can call in with a car manufacturer's part number (those listed above in this case) and have them look it up to find a substitute for you. You can do that and have them tell you the substitute's part number and if it matches the one you ordered, you know you're getting the correct part.

NAPA has a system on their website that you can look up part numbers using the "Interchange" option; if they have a non-OEM replacement part, it will show up there. Not sure about Advance or Autozone.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back