The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Dont always beleive what you see on TV. Show on TLC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eldiabloz13

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 2, 2005
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
There is a show on TLC. I just saw it today and i guess its been on for a couple weeks now. Its like deadliest catch but for lobster. Its based out of NE mainly MA. Where i live is the ports they sail out of. Let me just start by saying this show is ####ing redicilous!!!! The exagerate stuff so much for the sake of ratings.

They make the water seem like its a deadly abyss. And if you fall in you could die in seconds. Lets start off by saying storms on that show are nothing compared to the kind some of you face everyday. One had swells up to 6ft and no rain. Thats not a storm that a damn cloudy day. Swells get up to 15ft THATS when you worry. They were like these lobster will get you in a flash. No lobsters are slow as hell out of the water. There is this guy who drinks are the local tavern near me. He goes on the show and says man i cant wait to get back to my family i got 4 kids and big house in New bedford. He is a herion addict who lives house to house and almost got denied on the show because he knifed a man. Ill post the new paper article with his pic from the movie. Its amazing how much they blow stuff up.

Also with the blood sweat and oil rigging show. My brother is a piledriver. They take giant steel beams and drive them into the ground. Then you build skyscrapers around them. That oil rigging show my bro was on and they would tell him.... drop a tool,swear and make it look like your struggling. He goes im going to do my job so i dont die. They get mad and say OK.....he is putting a latch onto a I-beam and they shut off the machine that holds a 10k LBS cable. Him and 2 other guys are now holding a 350lb latch from crushing them. Then when he comes back and they show it on TV they say "you cant rely on machines because shown here is where they leave you starnded. These brave men are forced to push for there lives while this monsterous latch trys to take it from them." After that my brother got back and the 2 guys go to the guy who shut the machine off and hung him 60ft over the ocean. So after that they were soooo mad my brother and the 2 guys threw 2 cameras in the ocean and one guy in because he punched another guy. They left after that for obvious reasons.

All i got to say is dont beleive shit from these shows. There so exagerated. Deadliest catch seems real though because that is dangerious. Plus i have no first hand with that. As for everything else. LIES LIES LIES

Hit me with some feedback on what you guys thought of these shows. ID like to see if anyone beleived it or actually thought it was dangerious work.

that's crazy... I hate media and I RARELY watch tv because of the amount of blatent stupid bull crap on.... and to think children have access to this shit, no wonder 5th grade girls are dressing like whores, IT'S COOL!!

wow from a TV show on discovery channel to european hookers? This thread is awesome :)

F*ck the media. Add also their portrayal of the middle ease, and soldiers deployed there. What the news shows america is nothing compared to what is going over there. You know what we do there...? We f*ckin drink, kick back, shyt, and work. But then thats the air force. The news only shows you the army shyt, or marines. How about showing the air force? Because america would be like, "aw f*ck, they dont have it bad over there." Also..the middle east (outside of iraq) is the shizzznit. People ive encountered everytime ive been to those other countries are awesome. Friendly as hell, and offer food, drinks..just plain nice people. Why don't they show that on tv?

F*ck the media. Add also their portrayal of the middle ease, and soldiers deployed there. What the news shows america is nothing compared to what is going over there. You know what we do there...? We f*ckin drink, kick back, shyt, and work. But then thats the air force. The news only shows you the army shyt, or marines. How about showing the air force? Because america would be like, "aw f*ck, they dont have it bad over there." Also..the middle east (outside of iraq) is the shizzznit. People ive encountered everytime ive been to those other countries are awesome. Friendly as hell, and offer food, drinks..just plain nice people. Why don't they show that on tv?

Because it is a political strategy called "war-time propaganda", violence sells...

And,

If the people of the United States thought we weren't fighting anymore over there, they'd want our troops home even more than they do now...

There is a show on TLC. I just saw it today and i guess its been on for a couple weeks now. Its like deadliest catch but for lobster. Its based out of NE mainly MA. Where i live is the ports they sail out of. Let me just start by saying this show is ####ing redicilous!!!! The exagerate stuff so much for the sake of ratings.

They make the water seem like its a deadly abyss. And if you fall in you could die in seconds. Lets start off by saying storms on that show are nothing compared to the kind some of you face everyday. One had swells up to 6ft and no rain. Thats not a storm that a damn cloudy day. Swells get up to 15ft THATS when you worry. They were like these lobster will get you in a flash. No lobsters are slow as hell out of the water. There is this guy who drinks are the local tavern near me. He goes on the show and says man i cant wait to get back to my family i got 4 kids and big house in New bedford. He is a herion addict who lives house to house and almost got denied on the show because he knifed a man. Ill post the new paper article with his pic from the movie. Its amazing how much they blow stuff up.

Also with the blood sweat and oil rigging show. My brother is a piledriver. They take giant steel beams and drive them into the ground. Then you build skyscrapers around them. That oil rigging show my bro was on and they would tell him.... drop a tool,swear and make it look like your struggling. He goes im going to do my job so i dont die. They get mad and say OK.....he is putting a latch onto a I-beam and they shut off the machine that holds a 10k LBS cable. Him and 2 other guys are now holding a 350lb latch from crushing them. Then when he comes back and they show it on TV they say "you cant rely on machines because shown here is where they leave you starnded. These brave men are forced to push for there lives while this monsterous latch trys to take it from them." After that my brother got back and the 2 guys go to the guy who shut the machine off and hung him 60ft over the ocean. So after that they were soooo mad my brother and the 2 guys threw 2 cameras in the ocean and one guy in because he punched another guy. They left after that for obvious reasons.

All i got to say is dont beleive shit from these shows. There so exagerated. Deadliest catch seems real though because that is dangerious. Plus i have no first hand with that. As for everything else. LIES LIES LIES

Hit me with some feedback on what you guys thought of these shows. ID like to see if anyone beleived it or actually thought it was dangerious work.

Who would ever think that a TV show would want to make some shitty job interesting?

Do you expect people to watch guys build choppers without problems? All those shows are poorly scripted and produced to intrest people, not to show real life boring days.

LOL after working on dsm's, i could only imagine how easy it would be for a hand-built bike to not start. and i could only imagine how "fun" it would be to work with my father.

as for the lobster show, i havent seen anything about it on TLC. i watch Deadliest Catch religiously.

I'm just glad I didn't hear about it when I was young enough.
I was on a supertanker for three runs up to Valdez in the winter. We hit one of the biggest storms the Alaska Gulf had seen in forty years. 1000' of ship, and we were breaking waves that were still 4' high when they came all the way down the deck and got to the wheelhouse. We'd heard a Japanese lumber ship had some hands washed over; our first mate said the water temperatures would just turn you off in two to three minutes.

I was at sea in '79 and '80. SS Brinton Lykes to the Orient twice, VLCC Keystone Canyon from Long Beach to Valdez to Panama three times, and SBC Almeria Lykes from New Orleans to Egypt and Italy twice.
Never lost a leg to a whale, but I bit the flipper off one. It was unable to spell correctly.

I've always wanted to try a european hooker but I hear they treat VD like the common cold....meh, i'll stick with our bitchy American girls. Or I hear australia's nice...

I only watch the deadliest catch cus thats the ONLY thing on Discovery late at night.... You've seen one guy go over board, you've seen them all... who the hell gives a damn!?
They need to start mixin it up, I'd rather watch monster garage than that stupid crap...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back