1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

does this loook good

Posted by kongo, Mar 16, 2013

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. kongo

kongo Proven Member

Joined Jan 8, 2009
    new orleans, Louisiana
    blow my head gasket. pulled the head off and this what i seen on piston #1. before pulling head did compresion test 150 on 1 and 160 on 2,3,and 4. is water or was i knockin. it looks what happens when water droplets falls on sand or snow.

Attached Files:

387  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    · 2G DSM
  2. 3kgt2nv

3kgt2nv Proven Member

Joined Jan 7, 2011
    poughkeepsie, New York
    looks like something was in the cylinder and the piston and head took a little beating from it.

3. BogusSVO

BogusSVO Proven Member

Joined Jul 1, 2009
    Pensacola, Florida
    Looks like something got in there and banged around.

4. bullettdsm

bullettdsm N/T DSM Wiseman

Joined Dec 17, 2004
    East Hampton, Connecticut
    That is detonation. There is a chance that it continued down the side of the piston (on the side that looks "cleaner").

Mb

5. Archer Fabrications

Archer Fabrications Proven Member

Joined May 9, 2011
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Detination 100%

837  17

2006 Evo 9 MR
    awd · manual · Lancer Evolution
  6. kongo

kongo Proven Member

Joined Jan 8, 2009
    new orleans, Louisiana
    didn't know had to find out before moving on. replacing it is what you suggest.

387  0

· 2G DSM
  7. bullettdsm

bullettdsm N/T DSM Wiseman

Joined Dec 17, 2004
    East Hampton, Connecticut
    On a stocker, I would pull the pistons and look for any wear on the sides. if there wasn't any, then I would clean them up and reuse them.

BUT on a stocker that probably wouldn't happen. On your set-up I would replace (obviously, forged is a lot less likely to do that).

Not saying you HAVE to do it. Just what I would do. I don't like hot spots and changing weights on pistons (if you clean it up, you will lose some weight) when you are running more than stock.

MB

8. kongo

kongo Proven Member

Joined Jan 8, 2009
    new orleans, Louisiana
    Got it

387  0

· 2G DSM