The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Does this look like a exhaust leak?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

truwarrior

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 19, 2002
Been having some strange boost gauge issues, the needle will rapidly go up and down about 1psi once it starts building decent boost. Doesn't seem to impact performance much but would like to narrow it down. Disconnecting the wastegate did the has the same result and I just tested for boost leaks which there were none. I did see a little bit of greenish looking oil in the compressor inlet. Nothing unusual but I wonder if the greenish color was from coolant or my window washer fluid mixing from water injection mixing with the little bit of oil in there. No shaft play on the turbo at all.

Attachments

• 100_0146 (2).jpg
    100_0146 (2).jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 260
  • 100_0147.jpg
    100_0147.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 259
  • 100_0148.jpg
    100_0148.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 278
  • 100_0149.jpg
    100_0149.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 270
Bolts are tight...would something like the cause the boost issues? Might be a good time to upgrade to a FP manni and some arp studs huh? LOL Just want to make sure it would fix the boost problem before spending $100s on parts :( Well I guess I can clean it then see what happens in a week or so.

looks like an exhaust leak... probably need to clean the mating surface on the manifold (light sand) and use some brake cleaner on the head... then use a new gasket

Probably going to get the 4layer gasket and new turbo bolts just in case. Was also thinking about upgradeing to a EVOIII mani for a FP race mani. Does the FP mani include all the bolts to hook up to the EVOIII? Hows does it hand the stud? Does the bolt just screw into the stud?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back