The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

diffrence between 1g's and 2g's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quickfix

Probationary Member
Jan 10, 2003
Fulton_Ny
Ok ok, i am a newbie, very newbie, but i was wondering what the diffence is between them and i was wondering what the pros and cons of each are to help make my decison in purchesing one.
Thank you very much

Originally posted by Mitsubabe
I was just wondering about it because I'm only 5'3" and 110 lbs...and was wondering if cuz you're small you are a poser??? Was kinda an interesting statement and was trying to see what was behind it. :)

You much taller in that pic in the gallery, like like 5'8 or something

Originally posted by Quickfix
Ok ok, i am a newbie, very newbie, but i was wondering what the diffence is between them and i was wondering what the pros and cons of each are to help make my decison in purchesing one.

1G Pro's
- 6 Bolt (pre May '92)
- Lighter
- Better flowing head/intake manifold
- 2G MAS, TB Elbow, exh. manifold, and pistons can be used

1G Con's
- Usually High Milage
- ECU Caps and transfer case(all '90-'99 AWD DSM's) recalls
- 1G MAS, TB Elbow, and exh. manifold dont flow as good as a 2G (but will easily adapt to a 1G).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2G Pro's
- "Better styling"
- Better MAS, exh. manifold, TB elbow, and pistons (better flow)
- More aftermarket parts available

2G Cons
- The infamous crankwalk problem
- Transfer case recall (all '90-'99 AWD DSM's)
- More restrictive flowing head/intake manifold
- Heavier (by about 300 I believe)

http://www.vfaq.com/index-main.html <---- Is your best friend :p

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back