The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Detailed mod list??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1000hpgsx

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 17, 2010
Rockland, Maine
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Is there anything like this out there already? I’ve seen people asking questions all the time about what to do next or what part to buy. The answers are always, it depends... while that is so obviously true, there is a path that is good for 80% of dudes out there. And something like this could easily be modified by the end user. For example, if someone asks “how much money do I need to hit the 10’s?” You just scroll down this list until the 1/4 mile gets to the 10’s and you’ll see the running total. Or if they have a HP goal and ask what is needed. Go to that HP and buy everything before it. The part column could even have a link to a specific part.
i have a list of everything in my car and what it costs but it’s not nearly as good as something like this would be. anyway, has anyone ever seen something like this?

Like you hinted at, there's not a universal example of this because it's different for every person and build. "Maintenance" cost for you is probably vastly different than maintenance cost for me, so that data column doesn't really do me much good. For that to work even somewhat, you'd probably have to make an entire spreadsheet on maintenance costs alone, parts, etc.

More importantly, a parts list that's good for 10's doesn't equate to a car that runs 10's. Most of the 10's magic is done by the magician, not the cards in his hand.

You probably know all of that already, but to answer your question, that's why there's not a universal example. That function is also better served by the DSM profiles which are well kept here on this site, IMO. Anyone who wants to build a Galant like mine, or a 2G like Gofer's needs only to review our DSM profiles. Better yet, they can look through the build thread to see exactly how to perform the modification. Of course, that requires all of us to keep our profiles up to date and document our builds :hmm:

Sounds like you're trying to create a software program. Like mentioned above, there's so many variables to consider. Plus some of the parts would be forever changing when new parts come out. It would be helpful maybe in getting a baseline to know how much a certain kind of build would be if say you were to pay retail prices for everything. But most dsm'ers i've seen always buy second hand and prices for that vary wildly. Some of those 10 second builders might have sponsorship. Sometimes builders buy whole cars for parts then flip the parts not needed. Sometimes vendors have sales. And what about service work on the build? Is a shop doing it or you alone? I guess if its just for parts alone then that doesnt matter.

I think the closest think we have to a parts guide is the Basic Horsepower upgrade path.
https://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/basic-horsepower-ugrades-2g-4g63t.480196/

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back