The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

DC Sports Rear STB Installed, Ride Very Harsh Now

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

romeen

DSM Wiseman
Jul 12, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
I installed a DC Sports rear STB. It's actually a very well made and rigid STB. But I'm surprised at how much harsher the rear suspension now feels. The difference is VERY noticeable. It replaced a flimsy no-name bar. Nothing else changed during the install.

Is this because there is less chassis flex to absorb some of bumps? Or maybe it affects the independent movement of the rear suspension? Anyone else have a similar experience or input?

If this had been posted by one of the Great Unwashed, I'd be telling you that it's all in your head....

What shocks and springs do you have?

325# Hypercoils on Koni Yellows. It's a semi-DG setup meaning everything per his instructions but still using the stock upper mounts and bushings (for now). Not sure if it matters, but rear ride height is actually a bit HIGHER than stock as I'm going to try out the "stinkbug" mode.The ride was already a little harsh with the 325# springs but I'm surprised at just how much of a difference this one change made.

BTW JT, I'm using the Koni threaded sleeve kit. If I were using the GC kit I would have referred to it as the "Cinder setup." ;) See, I do pay attention to old posts. :)

:)

325#s is a great compromise springrate and should not cause grief with Konis as the latter are nicely digressive. My guess is that I never had a rear STB that was good enough for me to experience what you are. I can't fault the set-up in any way.

Time for a double-blind test. Someone else either disconnects or leaves connected the bar, but doesn't tell you. That'll make the psychologist in me shut up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back