The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

dashboard removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Actually it's not that bad. Just make sure that you tag where the screw/bolts go. You should remove the pillars, and consol trim first. Also make sure you unhook the battery so that the bags dont go off. Other than that it's pretty straight forward. Should take about 20 minutes. :thumb: Mine's been out twice..and i think a third time is in the works.

Moved to Newbie Forum.

In the future, please provide a more descriptive thread title. Thanks.

Just a tip: be very carefull you dont break any of the bolt holes while istalling/removing. You'll get an unbearable rattle if you do. I used zip lock bags to hold all the bolts and labeled them. "glove box bolts," etc.

Wish I knew what I was doing when I took out mine. Took me 2 1/2 hours to take out my dash the first time. Everytime I thought I was done, another screw had to be taken out. :thumb:

Maybe some day I will take the dash out of my 2g and post a tech article on doing it like I did for 1gs.

But yes, it does seem that everytime you remove a bolt or screw, theres 2 more holding it in somewhere else. Good luck

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back