The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Cylinder misfire. (Idle only)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suryant95talon

Probationary Member
Aug 13, 2019
franklin, Idaho
Probably beating a dead hores here. (95 eagle talon bult 6 bolt swap)
So my car is having 2 problems.
#1 at idle my car has a misfire "subaru idle". Anything over 1200rpm it clears out. Replaced tr-unit, wires, plugs, I did replace the coil chasing the problem. but as I'm sitting writing this I'm thinking... Maybe because I have the coil pack zip-tied to the left strut not bolted. Maybe the mounting bracket is a grounding point for the coil? I will bolt ot tonight and try that. Any ideas please let me know.

#2 new 90amp. Alt. Not charging under 1200rpm. I have ran alt. Body- chassis ground, 4ga. Pos. On alt.-fuse box, then 4ga. From fuse box- batt.
Grounds: 4ga.
Alt. Body too chassis
Bellhousing starter bolt too batt. Neg.
Bellhousing too firewall
Pass. Side Lower intakemanifold bolt too firewall
Drive. Side Intakemanifold to firewall.
Yes alt tested fine diodes looked good
Yes new batt.
Yes replaced fuses and relay.
So what do you guys think any ideas?

Thanks!

Your alternator not charging is part of the problem if not the problem here, maybe your crankshaft pulley is separating and not allowing the outside to spin fast enough at idle, maybe a belt is slipping, maybe your alternator is just junk, but that issue is the first one to fix here.

Thank you. I do know a while back my buddy gave me a 1g crank pulley that I put on but I thought they were the same size plus it is a 6 bolt block.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back