1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Cylinder misfire. (Idle only)

Posted by Suryant95talon, Aug 13, 2019

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. Suryant95talon

Suryant95talon Probationary Member

Joined Aug 13, 2019
    franklin, Idaho
    Probably beating a dead hores here. (95 eagle talon bult 6 bolt swap)
    So my car is having 2 problems.
    #1 at idle my car has a misfire "subaru idle". Anything over 1200rpm it clears out. Replaced tr-unit, wires, plugs, I did replace the coil chasing the problem. but as I'm sitting writing this I'm thinking... Maybe because I have the coil pack zip-tied to the left strut not bolted. Maybe the mounting bracket is a grounding point for the coil? I will bolt ot tonight and try that. Any ideas please let me know.

#2 new 90amp. Alt. Not charging under 1200rpm. I have ran alt. Body- chassis ground, 4ga. Pos. On alt.-fuse box, then 4ga. From fuse box- batt.
    Grounds: 4ga.
    Alt. Body too chassis
    Bellhousing starter bolt too batt. Neg.
    Bellhousing too firewall
    Pass. Side Lower intakemanifold bolt too firewall
    Drive. Side Intakemanifold to firewall.
    Yes alt tested fine diodes looked good
    Yes new batt.
    Yes replaced fuses and relay.
    So what do you guys think any ideas?

Thanks!

2. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    Your alternator not charging is part of the problem if not the problem here, maybe your crankshaft pulley is separating and not allowing the outside to spin fast enough at idle, maybe a belt is slipping, maybe your alternator is just junk, but that issue is the first one to fix here.

Drag Race Build 2K  16

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. Suryant95talon

Suryant95talon Probationary Member

Joined Aug 13, 2019
    franklin, Idaho
    Thank you. I do know a while back my buddy gave me a 1g crank pulley that I put on but I thought they were the same size plus it is a 6 bolt block.

4. Jay_gst97

Jay_gst97 Probationary Member

Joined Aug 15, 2019
    Ellenville, New York
    I did a timing.belt one time was like a tooth off and had a Subaru type idle idk if u recently done anything timing wise

Street Build 164  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM