The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

cyclone swap

Please Support STM Tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

91TaSwId

Probationary Member
Jan 16, 2003
cincinnati_ohio
I was wondering if anyone has any info on a cyclone swap in a 91 talon tsi how hard is it? any info would help thanks

I did it in my 94 and it was pretty much str8 forward. It was just remove on engine and replace the other. The only real difference between the 2 engine that I know of is the intake manifold and the value cover, but the intake manifold gives you more hp:thumb: and thats great.

the think that looked different to me was some of the wiring like on the cam angle sensor the plug looked different do u know anything about that. or what do u just cut them and rewire? there looked like there was a couple things like that

if your just talking about the intake there is some other valve in it i think that alot of ppl have trouble geting to work correctly it just make the flow of the runners in a since longer and shorter for more low end torq and maybe a bit more hp from what i remeber reading in a thread a while back it only realy helps low end torq it doesn't realy affect the top end HP...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back