The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMlink cruise log for evaluation

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thakingcb7

Proven Member
Feb 8, 2015
Lewistown, Pennsylvania
now that I got my idle pretty well dialed in I figured I would start some cruise work. I drove around for a few miles encountering hills, corners, and several traffic lights. I stopped at a gas station to use the mafcomp feature and the template was thrown all over the place. I did my best to smooth it out and saved to ecu. well like an idiot... I didn't save that log. I did take a picture of the original mafcomp setting along with the suggested template that I will upload when I get my phone. but anyway... I started another log and drove home. I noticed that when I would accelerate from a stop that there appeared to be some kind of (felt) hesitation. I reviewed the log myself but noticed nothing odd (I really don't know what exactly to look for). the initial drive was really smooth so I don't know why I was feeling the hesitation. but here is the log for your viewing and diagnosing pleasure. all advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• log.cruise log.elg
    218 KB · Views: 66
ok guys. I really need some input now. I was driving around today with the mafcomp suggested template and started experiencing knock at cruise. ive isolated the specific spots and it appears that timing drops real low around the same point the knock starts. should I add timing to these spots? AFRest shows that there's plenty fuel (still waiting for buddy to deliver wideband) so I assume its gotta be a timing thing.

Attachments

• log.2016.02.28-01.elg
    58.1 KB · Views: 54
Your Maf compensation table is quite off, which is messing up the tune and causing you knock. Once you get the Maf comp table dialed in, the timing table for cruising should work with no knock.

If you change some of the display preferances it makes it easier to see a problem.

If you go to your A/Fratioest tab and right click and hit the preferances button, change the min value to 7.4 and the max to 22. Click "Apply", and then check "Save to defaults" box, and then click "Ok".

Then go to CombinedFT tab, right click, go to preferances, change min to -20 and max to 20. Click "Apply", check "Save to defaults" box, and click "Ok".

This will make your A/Fratioest line center out in the display at 14.7, and will make you Combinedft line center out at 0% in the display.
Then when you look at your logs, if the lines are bouncing off the center of the graph, the tune is correct, but if the lines are way off center, the tune needs some help.

If CombinedFT is higher on the graph than A/Fratioest, you need to take the current MafRaw point up, if A/Fratioest is higher than CombinedFT you need to take down the current MafRaw point.
I hope this makes sense. It will be easier with your wideband installed.

Last edited:
Ok so I did the recommended adjustments and this is what the mafcomp adjust suggested. I left the sliders set at the previous suggested setting but I'm thinking it would of been better to zero them out and start fresh.

Attachments

• log.new cruise.elg
    467.8 KB · Views: 63
don't rely too much on the mafcomp tool. sometimes the data is off and it will give you false template points.
it looks like it is getting closer, just try to get the AFratioest and combinedft lines bouncing off each other at center on the graph. when they don't match up at center, check what the closest mafraw hz point is and adjust that point up or down. do this for all maf hz points and your done.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back